Overstaying in the Philippines

QuantativeAnalyticalBS

Aug 16, 2023
Is it advisable? Some of us are on our last leg and we need a way out of the West. I could live out there for many years but the visa fees would kill me.

What's the likelihood of being caught?

If I take a ferry from let's say Cebu to Davao with bus journeys inbetween, is there checkpoints where my passport will be checked?

@AlexBrown84

i don’t think they check your visa stamp, just use it for the manifest in case the boat sinks

but the visas aren’t that expensive. doesn’t it average out to like $300 a year haha

Word is that only 19 Americans were deported from Philippines in 2022 for violating immigration laws. Out of what, a million plus visitors? Chances are they got in trouble and then were discovered to be illegals.

If you overstay less than six months, you simply pay a small fine upon leaving. You will also be required to pay the fees for extending your "visa", so why not just pay the fucking visa extension fees when you're supposed to? 10,000 pesos for six months is $182 USD. Don't tell me you are so broke you can't afford a dollar a day for a resident "visa", JFL.

Interactions with police are very rare in PH. In fact, private security guards make up the vast majority of law enforcement presence on the streets. Barangay officials are more like the neighborhood dads than a police force.

When I rode buses in PH, they didn't check IDs or even make you buy a ticket to board. Once the bus got going, the assistant would ask your destination, then hole-punch a ticket for you. After he passed out tickets, he would make another round collecting payment and making change.

PH hotels may or may not care about taking down your passport details. Many of them only ask for your name and a cash deposit. Locals couldn't care less about your legal status, and many in fact were surprised to hear that I was only given 30 days as an American.

i don’t think they check your visa stamp, just use it for the manifest in case the boat sinks

but the visas aren’t that expensive. doesn’t it average out to like $300 a year haha
Oh right. Now, it would cost £450/£500 a year. Over an eight year period, that's a lot of money to lose.

If you overstay less than six months, you simply pay a small fine upon leaving. You will also be required to pay the fees for extending your "visa", so why not just pay the fucking visa extension fees when you're supposed to? 10,000 pesos for six months is $182 USD. Don't tell me you are so broke you can't afford a dollar a day for a resident "visa", JFL.
It's $625 a year. That's a lot of money to dish out over an eight to ten year period.

It's $625 a year. That's a lot of money to dish out over an eight to ten year period.
Compared to what? A permanent residence visa in another country? How much would country-hopping flights or border runs every 30 or 60 days cost in a year? Also, I'm not sure where you got the $625 per year figure from...some visa agency quote? If you are staying on a tourist "visa", there's no need to paypig an agency.

An old bong in Pasay quoted me the 10K PHP figure as having personally paid it to PH immigration authorities, plus 3K extra to get it expedited because they are lazy greedy fucks. He also got majorly screwed over by a longtime Filipina girlfriend after she finally convinced him to buy a house "for us"...in her name, of course. Soon as the payment cleared, she dumped him without ceremony...but then claimed she would repay him, JFL. He wasn't holding out hope of that ever happening.

Is it advisable? Some of us are on our last leg and we need a way out of the West. I could live out there for many years but the visa fees would kill me.

If I take a ferry from let's say Cebu to Davao with bus journeys inbetween, is there checkpoints where my passport will be checked?

@AlexBrown84
what are you talking about,

Deposit for the Philippines Retirement Visa (SRRV)​

To receive a Philippines retirement visa, you must make a deposit and meet the monthly income requirements, as follows:

Applicants aged 50 and above who receive a pensionAmount
DepositUSD 10,000
Pension for a single applicantUSD 800 (monthly)
Pension for a coupleUSD 1,000 (monthly)
If you are bringing more than one child as dependentAdditional deposit of USD 15,000 per child
Applicants who do not receive a pensionAmount
Deposit for applicants 35 to 49 years oldUSD 50,000
Deposit for applicants aged 50 and aboveUSD 20,000
Deposit for former Filipino citizens (at least 35 years old)USD 1,500
If you are bringing more than one child as dependentAdditional deposit of USD 15,000 per child

what are you talking about,

Deposit for the Philippines Retirement Visa (SRRV)​

To receive a Philippines retirement visa, you must make a deposit and meet the monthly income requirements, as follows:

Applicants aged 50 and above who receive a pensionAmount
DepositUSD 10,000
Pension for a single applicantUSD 800 (monthly)
Pension for a coupleUSD 1,000 (monthly)
Applicants who do not receive a pensionAmount
Deposit for applicants 35 to 49 years oldUSD 50,000
Deposit for applicants aged 50 and aboveUSD 20,000
Deposit for former Filipino citizens (at least 35 years old)USD 1,500
Screenshot 20240203 214326 Chrome

@AlexBrown84
No, it's very easy to extend. Maybe some hassle but you can extend for a year or pay a small fine.

Just don pay, rlly think Manlet sea monkeys care, there is rabid Muslims and Niggers flooding jewrope and nobody cares, this is all clown

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back