Geomax Thailand > Malaysia

JustGo

Dec 24, 2023
Hualien, Taiwan
Been in Malaysia only a couple weeks and already I want to go back to Thailand. Thailand's urban life mogs Malaysia's. More fascinating, more liberated, more choices, and better value. Yes, Malaysian food is tasty, but most restaurants are giant food halls serving up the same set meals and a la carte entrees with rice, noodle, ramen, etc. How boring. Nobody specializes in unique dishes and flavors here; there is hardly any point in prowling the streets and checking out all the little eateries & stalls for something new to try. And no, the food courts here are not any more clean or sanitary than in Thailand. The concrete is just as grimy, the prepared dishes that most people eat sit out uncovered all day, food is not heated before being served, rats scamper underfoot after dark, etc. Yes, many Malays are more friendly and chatty than Thais, but there are a fair share of workers here who hate their job and treat customers rudely. Inefficiency is rampant as well; during busy times, the dining process can degenerate into complete chaos.

Bukit Bintang is a laughable tourist trap with its aggressive masseuses and $6 "happy hour" pints. It rains or pours most every night, ruining the fun on the street. Weather forecast is fucking worthless here; yesterday it called for 100% chance of rain, but it only drizzled for five minutes. Today was 28% chance, but it dumped down close to 3 inches over two hours after dusk. Street food is limited and pricey, though some things like hamburgers and fried dough or pastries stuffed with curry slurry are very cheap. 25 RM ($5.50) for five tiny satay of grilled lamb on Jalan Alor; in Thailand I could get the same amount of haram pork for under 40 baht anywhere, around a dollar. One restaurant with cushy chairs and tablecloths advertised a delicious chicken soup with carrots and greens, but what I got was a small bowl of turbid slurry with a few rubbery shreds of chicken in the bottom, along with insistent hustle to buy something else. No wonder the place was empty.

Rooms in Malaysia are also inferior to rooms I enjoyed in Thailand, even at a higher price point. $15/night in Malaysia doesn't get you a two-star room with a fridge, desk, coffee service, and maybe a nice view, but rather a windowless and often smelly box with a bed and a bathroom, nothing more. Cleanliness is lower, maintenance is more lax, traffic noise is prevalent.
IMG 20240114 140159
$30 USD gets you a tourist visa for 60 days in Thailand, and $54 extra will extend that to 90 days. Staying 60 days in Malaysia will cost you $130 in tourism fees; you pay $195 for 90 days here.

Good write up. Can you compare the personalities of Thai and Malaysian people? Who do you vibe with more? Stuff like that.
I've met two Malaysians so far who were quite intelligent and engaged in hourslong conversations about a wide range of topics. Both were hotelkeepers, and our conversations started as business chats before progressing into discussion of world affairs, national cultures, and a whole slew of topics. Someone who is highly extroverted can spend the entire day in conversation here if they wish. In Malaysia it is very common to see groups of male friends engaging in prolonged and intense conversations...it's one way to pass the time in a society with few vices & distractions. Of course, they rarely speak English amongst themselves, as friend groups are usually monoethnic...but most Malaysians (in KL at least) are both capable and willing to speak fluent English with foreigners.

Malaysian men are simple extroverts, and Malaysian efforts at befriending you are rarely an attempt at hustling, scamming, or conning. Single women can be willing to talk to men as well, but if their dad or uncle is keeping a watchful eye from nearby, they will be more careful and demure. In Malaysia, Indians are the most deferential, Chinese tend to be more curt and businesslike, while Malays run the gamut from exuberant to grumpy.

The language barrier in Thailand is the #1 greatest influence on a foreigner's experience with the Thai people. However, even amongst themselves, Thais are not extremely chatty, and tend to be subdued when they are visiting with their friends. Even low-class Thais who drink many bottles of beer in the street don't get loud and rowdy, and wouldn't think of hollering at a passing stranger like drunks in the rest of the world do. If you are someone who loves making small talk while traveling and using a lot of words to get your point across, you are far more likely to perceive coldness, rudeness, and exasperation on the street in Thailand. Whereas if you are someone who prefers to communicate minimally and be silent when you are have nothing to say, you will feel very comfortable interacting with the Thai people.

Of course, your experience in tourist-oriented areas of Thailand will be vastly different from your experience in local eateries. The kiss-ass, smiling service many foreigners expect is a behavior adopted to make tourists feel more welcome in a country where everything is unreadable and unpronounceable. The real Thai nature is to show no emotion toward a complete stranger, only basic politeness and service with maximum efficiency. To keep things simple, I go about life in Thailand as if Thais don't understand English. Their little expressions of appreciation for my hassle-free business brighten my day more than the most extroverted overtures of friendship.

Of course, when interacting with youths, sometimes you just have to laugh together over the mutual incomprehension. With older folks I am deferential and never pushy. Dignity is very important for the seniors who work as street vendors, and insistent demands in English are humiliating to them. Whereas in Malaysia, you often have to badger restaurant staff, because everything is a shitshow and the staff will repeatedly ignore you if you wait silently with money in hand. Bullshitting over the menu offerings or prices before ordering is also standard behavior in Malaysia's heavily staffed restaurants, while in small Thai eateries, it is an annoying disruption to the smooth flow of work.

Yada yada, what about the cooming in Malaysia?

Lots of negresses loitering along Changkat Bukit Bintang at 1:30 AM on a Thursday night (or Friday morning). I'd say negresses are a majority of the obvious hooker girls on the street; maybe the more desirable Asian women have already found clients, or else they stay in the back of the bars. Saw a white Hispanic dude walk out of my hotel with two negresses. Muslim guy at reception must've told him to get lost and take his niggers with him, JFL. Bars had a good evening turnout after the rainstorm, enough diversity to feel like an Asian America.

The corner bar outside my room has a live rock band still going at 2:30 AM, but most of the Changkat bars are low-energy. High drink prices and open-air table seating means nobody really gets rowdy...or naughty. Maybe Friday night there will be more action, more girls willing to take the risk of loitering about and propositioning men in bars. A certain cluster of massage trannies here are aggressive in their targeting of solitary men, but overall the area feels very safe. Late-night drunk eating here is not ideal, as many of the stalls and restaurants along Jalan Alor wrap up business by midnight. But there are still options on the nearby streets. Many bars serve food as well, but expect to paypig for it.

Compared to Walking Street in Angeles City, KL's Bukit Bintang is far more upscale and respectable...but drinks are a third the price in Angeles, and the women are so much more plentiful and shameless. Walking Street is definitely a rougher place; you know a red-light district is a shithole when there are no ATMs on the street. This isn't that kind of place, the streets away from the bars are quiet and safe. Don't come to Malaysia for the cooming, but if you are here in KL and have a weekend free, Bukit Bintang is worth a visit.

IMG 20240119 223039 HDR1
A single man walking down traffic-clogged Changkat Bukit Bintang on a Friday night gets a lot of women looking his way and smiling or saying "hello". Basically, any woman on the street without a man around is free game for your approach. The prettiest street girls wander through the milling crowds, continually surveying her surroundings, so you can easily fall in any girl who catches your eye, introduce yourself, and invite her to a nearby bar to get a drink, much like you were hooking up with a chick at an American bar. It's much more freestyle than Thailand's organized nightlife, without the awkwardness of walking up to a row of loitering whores and negotiating a price for a "massage" in full view of everyone passing by.

These bars are mostly open to the street, loud & busy with normies from the nearby luxury hotels. Girls who are not customers are not welcome to loiter inside, it seems. But any coomer hanging out with his street hookup would blend in with the other couples who are having drinks together. Here it's all about keeping it low-profile. However, the inside of some clubs are not visible from the street, and have touts who solicit solitary males to enter with a "welcome bro, come on in". Chances are, that's where the more attractive girls are hanging out...but how many ringgit will you have to part with before you can get your dick wet?

To the north of Changkat Bukit Bintang are some rather sketchy and poorly lit streets which I will now venture down, to see if there are Indian women selling themselves outside their apartment buildings.
IMG 20240119 1643511

Thailand could have prices rise up overnight and doubled with chads and normies and would still mog most of SEA. Only issue right now is higher prices right now in pattaya due to asian simps overpaying and saving face. Flip is only good for trucel ascension

Thailand could have prices rise up overnight and doubled with chads and normies and would still mog most of SEA. Only issue right now is higher prices right now in pattaya due to asian simps overpaying and saving face. Flip is only good for trucel ascension
fuck ricecucks

Been in Malaysia only a couple weeks and already I want to go back to Thailand. Thailand's urban life mogs Malaysia's. More fascinating, more liberated, more choices, and better value. Yes, Malaysian food is tasty, but most restaurants are giant food halls serving up the same set meals and a la carte entrees with rice, noodle, ramen, etc. How boring. Nobody specializes in unique dishes and flavors here; there is hardly any point in prowling the streets and checking out all the little eateries & stalls for something new to try. And no, the food courts here are not any more clean or sanitary than in Thailand. The concrete is just as grimy, the prepared dishes that most people eat sit out uncovered all day, food is not heated before being served, rats scamper underfoot after dark, etc. Yes, many Malays are more friendly and chatty than Thais, but there are a fair share of workers here who hate their job and treat customers rudely. Inefficiency is rampant as well; during busy times, the dining process can degenerate into complete chaos.

Bukit Bintang is a laughable tourist trap with its aggressive masseuses and $6 "happy hour" pints. It rains or pours most every night, ruining the fun on the street. Weather forecast is fucking worthless here; yesterday it called for 100% chance of rain, but it only drizzled for five minutes. Today was 28% chance, but it dumped down close to 3 inches over two hours after dusk. Street food is limited and pricey, though some things like hamburgers and fried dough or pastries stuffed with curry slurry are very cheap. 25 RM ($5.50) for five tiny satay of grilled lamb on Jalan Alor; in Thailand I could get the same amount of haram pork for under 40 baht anywhere, around a dollar. One restaurant with cushy chairs and tablecloths advertised a delicious chicken soup with carrots and greens, but what I got was a small bowl of turbid slurry with a few rubbery shreds of chicken in the bottom, along with insistent hustle to buy something else. No wonder the place was empty.

Rooms in Malaysia are also inferior to rooms I enjoyed in Thailand, even at a higher price point. $15/night in Malaysia doesn't get you a two-star room with a fridge, desk, coffee service, and maybe a nice view, but rather a windowless and often smelly box with a bed and a bathroom, nothing more. Cleanliness is lower, maintenance is more lax, traffic noise is prevalent.
View attachment 4220
$30 USD gets you a tourist visa for 60 days in Thailand, and $54 extra will extend that to 90 days. Staying 60 days in Malaysia will cost you $130 in tourism fees; you pay $195 for 90 days here.
been looking at all the SEA countries, all of them have some fucked up visa bullshit.

where you can only stay 30 or 90 or 180 days, but you gotta leave for at least one day and come back.

that sucks. especially the "you can stay 90 or 180 days but every 30 or 60 days you gotta reup your visitor visa"
like why be such cock gobblers. if it's a money grab, just make a fucking choice. 30 day visa is 30 bucks, a 90 day visa is 120. (so the country makes more money the longer you stay with less fucking immigration work). christ, i just liteerally came up with a better visa scheme / idea, in 15 seconds.

i swear these sub 80 cock gobblers just want to be annoying.

play the fucking visa shell game. it sucks, and EVERY SEA country does it.

been looking at all the SEA countries, all of them have some fucked up visa bullshit.

where you can only stay 30 or 90 or 180 days, but you gotta leave for at least one day and come back.

that sucks. especially the "you can stay 90 or 180 days but every 30 or 60 days you gotta reup your visitor visa"
like why be such cock gobblers. if it's a money grab, just make a fucking choice. 30 day visa is 30 bucks, a 90 day visa is 120. (so the country makes more money the longer you stay with less fucking immigration work). christ, i just liteerally came up with a better visa scheme / idea, in 15 seconds.

i swear these sub 80 cock gobblers just want to be annoying.

play the fucking visa shell game. it sucks, and EVERY SEA country does it.
thailand cambodia and philippines visas aren’t that bad

and nobody says they have problems doing visa runs for vietnam

The border runs are a loophole in immigration law, rather than official policy. Governments want to ban irregular residency on tourist visas, while making it easy for vacationers to take multiple trips a year to the country. The latter is a higher priority, for Thailand at least. The country allows people to take up to six vacations per year. In practice, that means you can stay up to 180 days per year in Thailand visa-free...but you have to leave every 30 days before returning for your next "vacation", maybe even in the same day if you have a monthly rental. Not how it was intended to be used, but it is technically within the rules.

Methinks the 30 day stay limits in SEA are primarily intended to make sure foreign visitors stay in short-term lodging instead of monthly rentals.

thailand cambodia and philippines visas aren’t that bad

and nobody says they have problems doing visa runs for vietnam
Until Vietnam immigration decides not to approve your "tourist" visa because you have not spent any time outside the country in a couple years, kek. /trv/ had some rumors of that happening.

It's tough to find info on annual stay limits for foreigners in some countries, which is the most important factor for foreigners seeking to maintain an irregular residency in a country. I know some countries base it on the date of arrival, while for others it is based on the calendar year. Colombia, for instance, allows a maximum of 180 days in a calendar year, so you can technically stay 360 days in Colombia visa-free if you start on Day 185 of the calendar year and do your little exit and re-entry thing three times in the interim, getting 90 days each time. Others base the stay limit on a year starting on your arrival date, so it doesn't matter what time of the year you arrive.

The border runs are a loophole in immigration law, rather than official policy. Governments want to ban irregular residency on tourist visas, while making it easy for vacationers to take multiple trips a year to the country. The latter is a higher priority, for Thailand at least. The country allows people to take up to six vacations per year. In practice, that means you can stay up to 180 days per year in Thailand visa-free...but you have to leave every 30 days before returning for your next "vacation", maybe even in the same day if you have a monthly rental. Not how it was intended to be used, but it is technically within the rules.

Methinks the 30 day stay limits in SEA are primarily intended to make sure foreign visitors stay in short-term lodging instead of monthly rentals.
either way, that sucks

Until Vietnam immigration decides not to approve your "tourist" visa because you have not spent any time outside the country in a couple years, kek. /trv/ had some rumors of that happening.

It's tough to find info on annual stay limits for foreigners in some countries, which is the most important factor for foreigners seeking to maintain an irregular residency in a country. I know some countries base it on the date of arrival, while for others it is based on the calendar year. Colombia, for instance, allows a maximum of 180 days in a calendar year, so you can technically stay 360 days in Colombia visa-free if you start on Day 185 of the calendar year and do your little exit and re-entry thing three times in the interim, getting 90 days each time. Others base the stay limit on a year starting on your arrival date, so it doesn't matter what time of the year you arrive.
ya but the whole thing is a fucking farce

i mean, does the country NOT want your dollars?

make people pay 2 or 3 thousand dollars for a year long visa. Which can be renewed indefinetly

and they also make their citizens money from your spending

it's fucking retarded to do visa runs

im not old enough to retire, so i gotta play this fucking game. Im lazy, I like to do nothing

ya but the whole thing is a fucking farce

i mean, does the country NOT want your dollars?

make people pay 2 or 3 thousand dollars for a year long visa. Which can be renewed indefinetly

and they also make their citizens money from your spending

it's fucking retarded to do visa runs

im not old enough to retire, so i gotta play this fucking game. Im lazy, I like to do nothing
Countries want your visitor dollars, but they don't want the average Joe Schmo living in Thailand long-term. Short-term tourists are more likely to spend $100+ per day and enjoy the local culture instead of being a cheapshit, complaining about the way things are, and demanding that everything change to better suit their Western tastes.

However, if you are determined to live in Thailand, that's what the Thailand Privilege program is for. Requirements are stringent, but you can stay up to 20 years in the country. No poorfags allowed.

Contrary to what the Jewish world order insists with their open borders agenda, nobody has a right to establish residence in a foreign country.

Countries want your visitor dollars, but they don't want the average Joe Schmo living in Thailand long-term. Short-term tourists are more likely to spend $100+ per day and enjoy the local culture instead of being a cheapshit, complaining about the way things are, and demanding that everything change to better suit their Western tastes.

However, if you are determined to live in Thailand, that's what the Thailand Privilege program is for. Requirements are stringent, but you can stay up to 20 years in the country. No poorfags allowed.

Contrary to what the Jewish world order insists with their open borders agenda, nobody has a right to establish residence in a foreign country.
in no way am i saying we have a right to stay indefintely, unless you have the money

that is why i say, charge 2 or 3k for a year long visa. which you do not have to do a border run, but just renew.

I would be happy to pay that

Malysia is catered to (usually Asian) foreign businessman looking to retire. The visa is not sustainable either.

Thailand is a great country for geomaxxing. Just make sure you can tell the difference between the trannies & the real biological women though jfl.
I actually can. Skull size is the biggest giveaway for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back