Advice Should I go to Russia for Uni or should I do Uni in the US and then move to Russia?

fjor2096

Aug 20, 2022
Need some help on this. I personally see pros and cons to both of these options, here is a short list:

Pros:
- You'll have a bigger window to know people, friendships in Uni are more likely to last than work friends and you can develop connections
- More exposure to foids, the Uni I'm thinking about applying to has 65:35 female-men ratio.

Cons:
- Degree might not get recognized in the US or other Western countries
- Might have a harder time getting a remote job that is Western-based and might have to work for a local Russian company (wageslave).

Thoughts?

University would be free for me in the US btw, forgot to add that. Although I could loanmaxx and default (since I have 2 passports).

Need some help on this. I personally see pros and cons to both of these options, here is a short list:

Pros:
- You'll have a bigger window to know people, friendships in Uni are more likely to last than work friends and you can develop connections
- More exposure to foids, the Uni I'm thinking about applying to has 65:35 female-men ratio.

Cons:
- Degree might not get recognized in the US or other Western countries
- Might have a harder time getting a remote job that is Western-based and might have to work for a local Russian company (wageslave).

Thoughts?
If you plan to study art definitely study it in Russia since a Russian art education is objectively better than a US one. In fact anything classics related is going to be taught better in a Russian university than an American university.

Also the cons that you have listed are BS. It's more likely to be a benefit to a have a foreign degree since it shows that you're bilingual on a resume.

However you would probably get more relevant connections if you studied at an American university just because the US is more entrepreneurial.

Also I've heard that Russia can be a quite depression place to live in. However that doesn't matter if you can travel often.

If you plan to study art definitely study it in Russia since a Russian art education is objectively better than a US one. In fact anything classics related is going to be taught better in a Russian university than an American university.
Yeah I can see that, the courseloads look to be a lot heavier than at western unis.
Also the cons that you have listed are BS. It's more likely to be a benefit to a have a foreign degree since it shows that you're bilingual on a resume.
I assumed that it would be harder because US companies don't really know any unis outside of the US.
However you would probably get more relevant connections if you studied at an American university just because the US is more entrepreneurial.
True although I don't want to live in the US, only to work for a US company remotely to get paid in $
Also I've heard that Russia can be a quite depression place to live in. However that doesn't matter if you can travel often.
I have too which is why I'm looking to avoid the more popular cities and live in the Far East. Bonus is that I can travel to Asia more often.

I used to think it didn't matter - as long as you have one to get through an HR filter or one that lets you get 4.0+ GPA easily to get into grad school or get internships easier but that's not 100% true. My cousin told me that you can actually get preferential visa access to some countries simply because you graduated from a certain school. The example they used is something called a "high potential individual" visa and you can just go live in the UK for 2 years no strings attached if you graduated from a school that ranks in the top 50 schools globally consistently (mine usually floats between 10-20).

Also depends if you want to live in Russia or globally because some American schools are going to have way more cred globally than Russian ones. These are the North American schools with the best reputations & will be accepted globally.

But if it's a second tier American school vs Russian school there's unlikely to be a major difference I would guess. I'm sure Russia has a couple well respected universities, as long as you go to one of them it should be fine.

But if it's a second tier American school vs Russian school there's unlikely to be a major difference I would guess. I'm sure Russia has a couple well respected universities, as long as you go to one of them it should be fine.
My US alternative is a state school so probably not.

I used to think it didn't matter - as long as you have one to get through an HR filter or one that lets you get 4.0+ GPA easily to get into grad school or get internships easier but that's not 100% true. My cousin told me that you can actually get preferential visa access to some countries simply because you graduated from a certain school. The example they used is something called a "high potential individual" visa and you can just go live in the UK for 2 years no strings attached if you graduated from a school that ranks in the top 50 schools globally consistently (mine usually floats between 10-20).

Also depends if you want to live in Russia or globally because some American schools are going to have way more cred globally than Russian ones. These are the North American schools with the best reputations & will be accepted globally.

Thanks for the link btw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back