Hellotalk is a cheat code and tell me if I'm retarded for doing this

Sorry I'll try to be more clear.

What I meant by "out of the blue" is that you wont recieve messages through connect unless your account is bumped, and you bump your account by being active and responding to people.

I have probably messaged like 10 people first and that was pretty much all on my first day, every other message I've gotten was someone else opening.

When I want to get more messages I respond to 10 or so of the openers I got that I wasn't interested in, if it's at peak time the account bump usually gets me maybe 10 new openers, and then the people I responded to usually respond back, giving me like +~20 messages total which is how they accumulate.

Out of the new 10 or so that opened I'll usually pick one I like and progress with them, and then leave the rest for the next account bump.

I currently have 211 messages by doing this but a lot of those are double messages or dudes so keep that in mind. Hope that helps.
interesting. that makes sense now.

that's really weird. I should have figured something strange was going on with the algo. I am fairly fluent so I tend to go straight into calls after 3 messages or so. I also tend to spam approach because I dont have to time to respond to every single message.

from what you're saying, it sounds like the algo punishes people for copy paste messages, punishes for calling, possibly. probably punishes for fluency, as it would probably lessen the women's engagement with the paid features. maybe I am getting punished because it thinks I am korean. there might be some other factor that is fucking me over. maybe because I tend to switch to kakaotalk fairly quickly. maybe it is dinging my elo. I noticed I was getting more messages when I first started my chadfish account. and then slowly people stopped messaging me out of nowhere. Probably I am accumulating penalties to my account.

I should have figured their algo would reward people that stoke more engagement out of women. this is interesting information. I never would have guessed you could get so many unsolicited messages. that seems like a lot. more than most of the other standard dating apps aside from tinder.

just to be clear, how long to you engage in messages with the women before calling or switching to other apps. do you ONLY message them during peak hours?

as far as building experience, I guess you're young. whatever women you end up with will eventually do something completely intolerable because you refused to set boundaries. from then on she will never respectyou again, in ways that are subtle to normies, and it will get worse until you go insane or you force yourself to break up with her. very few dudes really have to stomach to be cold to women before they go through this formational experience. dont feel like you need to rush it. I dont really think calling for 5 hours is that bad. but if you're spending that much time you should probably just go there and be with her. if you like her just do what is fun for you for the moment.

interesting. that makes sense now.

that's really weird. I should have figured something strange was going on with the algo. I am fairly fluent so I tend to go straight into calls after 3 messages or so. I also tend to spam approach because I dont have to time to respond to every single message.
I don't think the algo would punish for calls but calling doesnt bump your account like messaging does. Spamming people or not getting responses probably fucks u tho.
from what you're saying, it sounds like the algo punishes people for copy paste messages, punishes for calling, possibly. probably punishes for fluency, as it would probably lessen the women's engagement with the paid features. maybe I am getting punished because it thinks I am korean. there might be some other factor that is fucking me over. maybe because I tend to switch to kakaotalk fairly quickly. maybe it is dinging my elo. I noticed I was getting more messages when I first started my chadfish account. and then slowly people stopped messaging me out of nowhere. Probably I am accumulating penalties to my account.
Yeah I either talk in english or really shitty japanese so that makes sense.
I should have figured their algo would reward people that stoke more engagement out of women. this is interesting information. I never would have guessed you could get so many unsolicited messages. that seems like a lot. more than most of the other standard dating apps aside from tinder.
Yeah I was really surprised tbh, this app is a gem imo.
just to be clear, how long to you engage in messages with the women before calling or switching to other apps. do you ONLY message them during peak hours?
Idk it depends, I have a decently long convo and then whenver it gets boring I just say call me sometime and we can do language practice, and yeah I pretty much only message during good hours because bumping my account at 4am japan time would be pretty useless.
as far as building experience, I guess you're young. whatever women you end up with will eventually do something completely intolerable because you refused to set boundaries. from then on she will never respectyou again, in ways that are subtle to normies, and it will get worse until you go insane or you force yourself to break up with her. very few dudes really have to stomach to be cold to women before they go through this formational experience.
Yeah I see what you're saying, as far the ability to be cold to women I think I'm pretty good there because I'm giga introverted and spent 21 years of my life with literally ZERO female interaction so I'm fine being alone. I have no problem going ghost.
dont feel like you need to rush it. I dont really think calling for 5 hours is that bad. but if you're spending that much time you should probably just go there and be with her. if you like her just do what is fun for you for the moment.
Yeah I go to japan to study in like a month, if I could go sooner I would. And you're right I'm probably overthinking, I'll just funmax and if I don't like being in a relationship I'll dip.

thanks for the writeup. best information on the site so far. reminds me of some of the good quality info from the old roosh forums on elo maxing in tinder.

maybe I will change my profile pic too. I tend to musclemaxxx, it seems to work well in tinder but maybe like you said most of the girls in hellotalk are too high inhib to go after anyone that looks like that.

what area of japan are you going to? I have a lot of experience there. ask me if you need to know anything

maybe I will change my profile pic too. I tend to musclemaxxx, it seems to work well in tinder but maybe like you said most of the girls in hellotalk are too high inhib to go after anyone that looks like that.
yea you shouldn’t do that lol. most the girls are hqnp type

thanks for the writeup. best information on the site so far. reminds me of some of the good quality info from the old roosh forums on elo maxing in tinder.

what area of japan are you going to? I have a lot of experience there. ask me if you need to know anything
yeah defo dont do that like what alex said, you should aim to max out your high trust stat on hellotalk so go for like an old money type pfp and smiling preferably so you look inviting.

Also im going to tokyo, if you have any tips or notable experiences definitely let me know I'm interested.

exactly, doesnt matter what you think
the most accurate test is how well you do on dating apps

you say you are a 7/10 but get 2 matches on dating apps? guess what, you are far from a 7

exactly, doesnt matter what you think
the most accurate test is how well you do on dating apps

you say you are a 7/10 but get 2 matches on dating apps? guess what, you are far from a 7
im probably the best looking member on this forum and I get like 50 matches per day now

yeah defo dont do that like what alex said, you should aim to max out your high trust stat on hellotalk so go for like an old money type pfp and smiling preferably so you look inviting.

Also im going to tokyo, if you have any tips or notable experiences definitely let me know I'm interested.
tokyo is kind of going downhill. shibuya used to be awesome because people would gather there, like literally everyone. the cares there are a bit too busy to run daygame easily. but ifyou start to go to the fringes of shibuya it works a little better. rooftop parties every night (less now but still around.) you can get a tickt for a barhopping party or all you can drink party for about 3k yen or so. there is no singular place to find the parties because as you imagine, the most popular sites get filled up with creeps fast. common venues of entry come from small organizers on sites like meetup or sometimes you can meet them randomly if you speak japanese. there are a lot of rental spaces literally just on top of common shops you've been to. go to the record store? ever wonder whats on floor 30 of the 70 store building? yeah, there are small club venues that rent their space out on tuesday to thursday/friday, and tehre are good pickup chances there because its not as much of meat market as a dance club. people are online more lately so that killed some of the vibe. it's still fun. I'll ask my friends what website people tend to organize through recently. I havent been there since covid.

you can go surfing in chiba, it's kind of close. tokyo itself doesn't have teh best summer life. you would have to go west. but you're probably going to be locked down in tokyo.

you might not want to bother with airbnb. you can get solo apartments easily with leopalace or sometimes with "sharehouse" companies which you dont always share. apartments in the middle of the downtown can be as low as 700 a month. a comparable airbnb would be probably 2000 usd or so.

tokyo is kind of going downhill. shibuya used to be awesome because people would gather there, like literally everyone. the cares there are a bit too busy to run daygame easily. but ifyou start to go to the fringes of shibuya it works a little better. rooftop parties every night (less now but still around.) you can get a tickt for a barhopping party or all you can drink party for about 3k yen or so. there is no singular place to find the parties because as you imagine, the most popular sites get filled up with creeps fast. common venues of entry come from small organizers on sites like meetup or sometimes you can meet them randomly if you speak japanese. there are a lot of rental spaces literally just on top of common shops you've been to. go to the record store? ever wonder whats on floor 30 of the 70 store building? yeah, there are small club venues that rent their space out on tuesday to thursday/friday, and tehre are good pickup chances there because its not as much of meat market as a dance club. people are online more lately so that killed some of the vibe. it's still fun. I'll ask my friends what website people tend to organize through recently. I havent been there since covid.

you can go surfing in chiba, it's kind of close. tokyo itself doesn't have teh best summer life. you would have to go west. but you're probably going to be locked down in tokyo.

you might not want to bother with airbnb. you can get solo apartments easily with leopalace or sometimes with "sharehouse" companies which you dont always share. apartments in the middle of the downtown can be as low as 700 a month. a comparable airbnb would be probably 2000 usd or so.
Thx for the insights. I'm not looking forward to the heat at all I hate hot weather so I'll probably be inside most of the time for the first bit.

For my accomadation I'm gonna be in a sharehouse with a bunch of other students because I'm studying abroad, but it's my own personal apartment thing in there so that will be nice, it's really cheap too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back