Advice Anyone been to Malaysia?

Malaysia is awesome, but more straight-laced than some other Southeast Asian countries. Ninety days on arrival is awesome, but it is not as free as it looks. You will pay 10 RM per night in tourism tax, which comes out to $195 for a 90 day stay.

Been getting a lot of interested looks and even smiles from the single Muslim chicks here in KL, especially in parts of the city that don't see many foreigners. Of course, KL has many non-Muslims, and while all ethnic Malays are officially Muslim, many are not religiously Muslim. Saw a chick in the metro yesterday doing the phonewhore bit before putting her tudung/hijab back on and becoming a good Muslim girl again, LOL.

There are a good number of hotels which offer hourly rates here, so hookups must happen. The hourly rates aren't that great, only a little bit lower than the nightly rates. I expect the Indian receptionist will "forget" to register any names in the logbook if you pay the hourly rate, all while giving you a creepy grin. "Sir please may I watch?"

Malaysia isn't as cheap as other SEA countries, but here you don't really have to worry about overcharging, scamming, and all that crap. In general, that is...one light-skinned Indian dude came up to me as I perused the menu outside a restaurant, said "what's up bro" and shook my hand. Then when I entered and sat down at a table for six, he followed me in and sat down across from me. Staff surrounded him in an instant and peremptorily ordered him to get up and leave. Evidently he was a dine-n-dasher. Most locals are expected to pay on receipt of the food in budget places, while foreigners pay after eating, as is our custom.

Overall, prices are very consistent in KL. Here I average $9-10/day for food & drinks; $19-22/day for a basic room with a window. But there are options to live much more cheaply if you are povertymaxxing. Eat set meals like curries. Skip the street vendors; refuse beverages at restaurants. Rent monthly if you want to get a much better deal on room rates. $250/month versus $20/day, for instance. Many hotel managers will exempt you from the tourist tax by putting a Malay name in the register, or marking the room as closed for maintenance. Hotel competition is fierce here, so hotels all want long-term guests. Just make sure the WiFi works great, the traffic noise isn't too bad, and the manager won't flip out if you sneak a girl into your room.

Malaysia is awesome, but more straight-laced than some other Southeast Asian countries. Ninety days on arrival is awesome, but it is not as free as it looks. You will pay 10 RM per night in tourism tax, which comes out to $195 for a 90 day stay.

Been getting a lot of interested looks and even smiles from the single Muslim chicks here in KL, especially in parts of the city that don't see many foreigners. Of course, KL has many non-Muslims, and while all ethnic Malays are officially Muslim, many are not religiously Muslim. Saw a chick in the metro yesterday doing the phonewhore bit before putting her tudung/hijab back on and becoming a good Muslim girl again, LOL.

There are a good number of hotels which offer hourly rates here, so hookups must happen. The hourly rates aren't that great, only a little bit lower than the nightly rates. I expect the Indian receptionist will "forget" to register any names in the logbook if you pay the hourly rate, all while giving you a creepy grin. "Sir please may I watch?"

Malaysia isn't as cheap as other SEA countries, but here you don't really have to worry about overcharging, scamming, and all that crap. In general, that is...one light-skinned Indian dude came up to me as I perused the menu outside a restaurant, said "what's up bro" and shook my hand. Then when I entered and sat down at a table for six, he followed me in and sat down across from me. Staff surrounded him in an instant and peremptorily ordered him to get up and leave. Evidently he was a dine-n-dasher. Most locals are expected to pay on receipt of the food in budget places, while foreigners pay after eating, as is our custom.

Overall, prices are very consistent in KL. Here I average $9-10/day for food & drinks; $19-22/day for a basic room with a window. But there are options to live much more cheaply if you are povertymaxxing. Eat set meals like curries. Skip the street vendors; refuse beverages at restaurants. Rent monthly if you want to get a much better deal on room rates. $250/month versus $20/day, for instance. Many hotel managers will exempt you from the tourist tax by putting a Malay name in the register, or marking the room as closed for maintenance. Hotel competition is fierce here, so hotels all want long-term guests. Just make sure the WiFi works great, the traffic noise isn't too bad, and the manager won't flip out if you sneak a girl into your room.
i never got tourist tax

i never got tourist tax
The tourist tax law went into effect January 1st, 2023. Did you stay at the place with the rooftop pool? Living on street level, it's easy to forget that there is a whole different life going on inside all the tall buildings. Rooftop bars, luxury malls, all that shit. The most authentic KL neighborhoods like Chow Kit are downright Third World in appearance, but the durian prices in the Chow Kit Road market are 75% lower than what you pay in Bangkok and less than half the cost of Chinatown or Bukit Bintang.

I like Jalan Masjid India because the area has plentiful food & lodging options, no traffic noise outside my window, few tourists, and numerous public spaces in the area for relaxation. Indians don't bother me in either sense of the word.

Worst if you're residents, Only good if your tourist
Richfags are always bitching and moaning when foreign gov'ts don't let them throw around their wealth and do whatever they want, like privatizing entire beachfronts or opening yet another overpriced gay coffeeshop. Fucking richfags and their predatory investments. They escape Western cities because they are unaffordable gentrified shithole full of unhappy stressed-out people, then find some place where life is cheap and easy for everyone. But instead of renting a neat little house and enjoying the good life, they do everything in their power to make their new home into an unaffordable gentrified shithole full of unhappy stressed-out people. Governments who make their lives hell have my solid backing.

Made me so happy reading about some gringo richfags in Q. Roo who had their huge beachfront investment property taken from them by a Mexican with powerful local connections, and who let the property remain open for public beach access while the gringos spent thousands and thousands on lawyer fees, to no avail LOL. Of course the little faggots cried like Jews to all the gringo newspapers about the "theft" of their land, when in reality it was the gringos who were trying to steal a public parcel of land on the cheap and build yet another fucking complex of gay ass condos.

They escape Western cities because they are unaffordable gentrified shithole full of unhappy stressed-out people, then find some place where life is cheap and easy for everyone. But instead of renting a neat little house and enjoying the good life, they do everything in their power to make their new home into an unaffordable gentrified shithole full of unhappy stressed-out people. Governments who make their lives hell have my solid backing.
that’s what will happen to bangkok

so many digital nomads and tiktokers posting about how their $800 apartment is so cheap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back