Thoughts on the upcoming global population collapse?

Orientalist

INFP - 22 years old - Been to 7 countries
Jun 7, 2024
whoever has the data should start a birthdate collapse thread - it’s a topic that gets surprisingly silenced and hush hushed in other places online. It’s crazy how effectively the elite are collapsing demographics right now.
This is a profoundly interesting podcast that I listen to pretty often; one of the most prescient I've ever heard on contemporary topics that get all the attention. Almost guaranteed if you go through all the episodes you WILL be blackpilled a few ideas you had some serious optimism in. Basically they're convinced that without an insane level of intervention, there's going to be a worldwide population collapse where most nations will be wiped out or reduced to city states. They matter of factly have this as a core part of their worldview and life plans and a lot of the episodes of the pod revolve around that topic.

In this one they go deeper into why there's a 99% chance China (and Taiwan) is going to get wiped out the game, (also due to economic/geopolitical reasons, but also certainly due to population collapse especially in the case of Taiwan)

Last edited:
there's going to be a worldwide population collapse where most nations will be wiped out or reduced to city states. They matter of factly have this as a core part of their
That's what everything is pointing to, everywhere in the world fertility rates are collapsing, small and medium sized cities are quickly disappearing, population is moving to the big cities.

However it seems incredibly hard to predict what will happen in the next 50-100 years, how many have correctly predicted 50 years ago that we would be seeing sub 1 fertility rates?
I doubt anyone can even predict where the bottom will be.

Some megacities (Seoul, Shanghai) are starting to hit 0.6 fertility rate.
It seems unlikely for this to be the bottom as China and South Korea have taken no serious measures and it's not something you can quickly fix.

Where will it bounce to once good measures are put in place?

One thing for sure, China is gonna be the most fucked up country, because the hole is gonna be 100s of millions of people, you can't fix that with immigration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 1, Guests: 1)

Back