Social status is highly genetic

Hard Boiled

Sotokomori
Jul 31, 2022
Inb4 water (yes you're right)

This article details an investigation into English surnames to determine the social class across generations to see if families increased or gained social status. The results concluded that the results of social class stay the same across generations due to a phenomenon called regression to the mean. The investigation indicates that social class is 0.8 to 0.9 heritable (or 80% to 90% heritable).

mfw 80% heritable!!!
D2bt

Although a high heritability of social class will be seen amongst other nations I have only referred to the UK in this post since I don't know the exact numbers of other nations. I assume somewhere like India will have a 0.9 heritability and countries like Sweden will have a 0.6 heritability.

Also, what makes the article I've linked so shocking is that it defies the pre-existing consensus of social class heritability amongst sociologists and economists. Both groups assume social class to be only 0.4 - 0.5 heritable but only consider twin results in their studies and not intergenerational analyses, which the article does.

interesting tho. im in UK my dad basically tried to hand over his business to me. but i want to go my own way into online busines

Britain is Britain. It still has a highly structured society, where landowners and people of status have been landowners and people of status for centuries. A country like America is different, in that extroversion and confidence are the primary determinants of social status. I don't see extroversion as an inheritable trait so much as a learned trait. There are many stories of men like Theodore Roosevelt who were weak and wimpy children, but determined to overcome their inferiority and became very strong, outspoken and high-status men.

Of course today, wimps prefer to stay in their bedroom and cry endlessly on the Internet about how unfair life is, while rejecting every chance they have to ascend because it would end their pity party. Lack of spanking and parental discipline is absolutely the root cause of the proliferation of worthless manchildren. "Keep crying and I'll give you something to cry about" is what mom or dad should be saying to them every time they start bawling and making a scene after age 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back