Recommendation Make better use of existing threads instead of creating a new one for every tiny brain fart

Marco Pumpo

40+ countries travelled
Apr 18, 2024
i’ve brought peace, order, stability to my domain!

truly i am the most gracious king!
✅ peace
✅ stability
❌ order

in case we really want to make this a top travel forum for men:

other travel forums have a thread to post ratio of around 1:30. 30 posts per thread on average. here it's 1:10.

why? because people are creating a new thread for every tiny brain fart. it's probably like this because on looksmax it's the same? but looksmax is a very active forum where threads get pushed down very quickly, so people compete by firing out new threads. here that is not necessary.

i suggest that everyone should make better use of existing threads:
- xenforo is a great forum software that recommends existing threads while typing a new thread title. use one of those if they fit
- it makes sense to type the main word of the intended thread title in the search bar first to see what others have wrote already
- if you have created a thread on a topic before, come back to that instead of creating a new one. otherwise the search will just be polluted by tons of co-existing threads on the same topics
- @AlexBrown84 maybe there should be a pinned thread in the off-topic section called "Daily Talk" or something where people can release all their brainfarts?

examples of brain fart threads:

Bildschirmfoto 2024 08 23 um 132557

Bildschirmfoto 2024 08 23 um 132958

examples of how to properly re-use a thread:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back