- Sep 1, 2022
- Reaction score
1. Slim Facial FeatureSurgery is Korean men’s weapon of choice to achieve smaller and slender facial features and a higher nose
2. Double EyelidsKorean men recourse to cosmetic surgery to shift from monolids to double eyelids.
3. Fair SkinKorean men invest in cosmetics and makeup that confer and maintain clear, smooth, and fair skin. (do facemasks and shit for clear shiny skin)
4. Dyed HairDarker hair is a sign of youth, and thus, over 95% of Korean men with white hair dye their hair regularly. (even black guys maybe benefit from this with like brown hair or smthing?)
5. Androgynous bodyKorean men try to achieve an androgynous body shape, staying away from looking too skinny, too fat, or too muscular.
6. Fashionable OutfitsKorean men wear androgynous clothing, Femboy outfits, or streetwear fashion brands that keep them stylish and trendy.
Contrary to Western culture and the beauty industry with a focus (almost exclusive) on women, the Korean beauty market embraces men’s makeup.
Beauty products are not seen as gendered products, and South Korean men purchase and wear several brands and products.
Over the past decade, South Korean men have become the world’s most prominent male spenders on skincare and beauty products.
Koreans are also early adopters to anything new in beauty, such as skincare fridges, skin transplants, and blood transfusions.
Korean Male Beauty StatsBetween 2011 and 2017, the Korean beauty market for men only has grown by 44%, part of a cosmetics industry (including private label cosmetics market) that makes $10 billion every year.
Similarly, over 58% of South Korean men state they take advantage of beauty and grooming treatments, at least once per week.