Geomax closing thoughts on jakarta indonesia

AlexBrown84

INTP - 22 years old - Been to 30+ countries
Jul 31, 2022
i’ve spent a few days here and have come to a few conclusions

the roads are terrible. barely any sort of organized traffic lights. bike is superior to get around over cars (although most places in sea are the same, it’s more so here)

air pollution is quite bad with an average aqi in the 150s during my stay. i’d recommend wearing a mask on motorbikes but other than that no need

the women. only used tinder bumble and tantan. got most matches on tantan followed by tinder then bumble. bumble with most messages then tinder and tantan. went on a date with one girl from tinder that ended well however barely spoke english which i feel is common among many of them here. i do notice that theres more hijabi girls on tinder so if you want to filter them out i’d suggest bumble. i noticed more girls were christian on bumble

food is bad. nothing compared to places like thailand or vietnam

i had some japanese food at Thamrin Sarinah Seberang which came out to about $28. i’d say for the same amount in thailand it would be $15-20 so unless you really enjoy the local food, it’s not a good place to get cheap foreign food
IMG 7169
not much things to do as tourist attractions which is why i’m sure i saw so few foreigners. can be a plus for some

i went to a few museums and malls/cafes but noticed many museums are under renovation for some reason

best museum if you’re into that is the Museum Bahari Jakarta

i’d suggest staying around Sudirman Station. i wouldn’t recommend staying in northern jakarta as most of the area is old and ugly buildings, better to stay in the business district

was a nice little trip but due to not having many day activities to do i rate it quite low

i may return in a month to try it again. not sure yet

IMG 7103IMG 7112IMG 7152IMG 7159IMG 7181IMG 7197

seems like not the ideal place but interesting report

i bet the hijabi girls love that theyre allowed to wear hijab everywhere cos they can keep their skin light like this, unlike anywhere else in asia

some indo girl sent me a pic of her tits before and they were so white i accused her of bleachmaxxing

the roads are terrible. barely any sort of organized traffic lights. bike is superior to get around over cars (although most places in sea are the same, it’s more so here)

air pollution is quite bad with an average aqi in the 150s during my stay. i’d recommend wearing a mask on motorbikes but other than that no need

the women. only used tinder bumble and tantan. got most matches on tantan followed by tinder then bumble. bumble with most messages then tinder and tantan. went on a date with one girl from tinder that ended well however barely spoke english which i feel is common among many of them here. i do notice that theres more hijabi girls on tinder so if you want to filter them out i’d suggest bumble. i noticed more girls were christian on bumble

i had some japanese food at Thamrin Sarinah Seberang which came out to about $28. i’d say for the same amount in thailand it would be $15-20 so unless you really enjoy the local food, it’s not a good place to get cheap foreign food
View attachment 2667
not much things to do as tourist attractions which is why i’m sure i saw so few foreigners. can be a plus for some

i went to a few museums and malls/cafes but noticed many museums are under renovation for some reason

i’d suggest staying around Sudirman Station. i wouldn’t recommend staying in northern jakarta as most of the area is old and ugly buildings, better to stay in the business district

was a nice little trip but due to not having many day activities to do i rate it quite low

View attachment 2661View attachment 2662View attachment 2663View attachment 2664View attachment 2665View attachment 2666
how hot are JBs there compared to Thais/ ph ?

Unfortunately, jakarta is not tourist friendly.

It isn't like thailand where they cater to tourism.

but there is a fuck ton to do in jakarta if you know where to look

parks, safaris, water parks, aquariums, 2 massive zoos in one city.

and the food. it's expensive if you stay in the expat area. but where you need to go in jakarta is e/w/n east west north. where you can go on a date and it costs 35 dollars for a foodie date.

and there is AMAZING food here. But again, you have to know how to find it. if you have insta, it will start showing you little places that serve off the hook ribs, its' not just chicken.

but I will say the most common foods here 1. chicken 2 goat/lamb 3 duck 5 sea food 4 beef and lastly 5 pork.

but up north in ancol, you will find HUGE seafood places along the ocean, so big they have aquariums with sharks swimming around in them, and the biggest lobster my mother ever ate was bought at one of these places.

but jakarta is fucking massive. And it's why it's not tourist friendly. 31 million people

And clubs, 1000's. some that hold and are packed with 2000 people at any time.

by the way, that hippo by the car. Once i fed him a huge bag of hot peppers. There are no park rangers watching so. The 3rd time back to the taman safari park. i had an idea. i got my ex to buy a plastic shopping bag ful of hot peppers. 2 bucks. (but got the entire bag full, think pumpkn size) lady fucking hippo see's our car stop like so many others. (vendors sells carrots and shit, just up the hill as you drive to the park, they know tourists buy the food for the animals when you drive through)

well hippo opens his mouth like a garbage pail and i threw all the hot peppers into his mouth
He chopping down, swallows, then started snapping his jaws he was not happy and i was like DRIVE DRIVE...cause there was nothing to stop hippo from coming out of his pond to fuck us up. LOL
bet his ass was burning the next day muhahahaha

again before you go to jakarta. You either know someone, or you use a site like jakarta100 to help you.

Attachments

• wp3.jpg
    wp3.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 5
  • waterpark2.jpg
    waterpark2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 5
  • waterpa.jpg
    waterpa.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 8
  • ts5.jpg
    ts5.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 8
  • ts3.jpg
    ts3.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 8
  • ts2.jpg
    ts2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 4
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1
  • aq4.jpg
    aq4.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 4
  • wp7.jpg
    wp7.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

View attachment 2667

View attachment 2661View attachment 2662View attachment 2663View attachment 2664View attachment 2665View attachment 2666
After this post
might reconsider my Jakarta trip

if you know someone there it would prob be better. it’s a big place so you either need a lot of time for your first trip or know somebody there like @biggunsar
no, i know nothing. Everyone should stay away, and not come to jakarta. Alex is right, it's boring. you really won't have a fun time.

Anyways, it's far out of the way, go to thailand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back