Moving to BGC , manila, philippines with remote income is the biggest life hack in this entire world.

manila is expensive
dangerous
you will not maintain your western lifestyle no matter how much you spend
and there are no good beaches close
I concur on the no good beaches part. Pagudpud is the beach you most commonly see on the souvenir shirts, and it is a grueling 12 hour slog away up the Manila North Highway. The Luzon coast really does not have any real beaches suitable for tourist development, and the beaches that are scenic tend to be in remote, sleepy fishing villages.

Manila is often ugly, but safer than Latin American cities when it comes to violent crime, and BGC is particularly secure. Yes, you can live a western-tier urban lifestyle there, and luxury will cost quite a bit less than it does elsewhere...likely a fair bit lower than the cost of living in Bangkok these days. Plus, it's much easier to get residency there for oldfags than it is to establish yourself elsewhere in Southeast Asia. In PH you do not have the resentment of wealth that exists in many other countries with extreme inequality. Filipinos seem satisfied in the role of servants, and holding a job with a snazzy uniform in one of the upscale establishments is the pinnacle of achievement for a slum kid.

I concur on the no good beaches part. Pagudpud is the beach you most commonly see on the souvenir shirts, and it is a grueling 12 hour slog away up the Manila North Highway. The Luzon coast really does not have any real beaches suitable for tourist development, and the beaches that are scenic tend to be in remote, sleepy fishing villages.

Manila is often ugly, but safer than Latin American cities when it comes to violent crime, and BGC is particularly secure. Yes, you can live a western-tier urban lifestyle there, and luxury will cost quite a bit less than it does elsewhere...likely a fair bit lower than the cost of living in Bangkok these days. Plus, it's much easier to get residency there for oldfags than it is to establish yourself elsewhere in Southeast Asia. In PH you do not have the resentment of wealth that exists in many other countries with extreme inequality. Filipinos seem satisfied in the role of servants, and holding a job with a snazzy uniform in one of the upscale establishments is the pinnacle of achievement for a slum kid.
When I go there I'm gonna push the limits of how gross I can be and still get pussy

Why not good beaches in Luzon?

Why not good beaches in Luzon?
Mainly, there are no vacation strips with easy beach access and all the businesses & amenities most people expect in a beach town. The Luzon tropical beaches everyone recommends are always remote villages at the end of the road. San Fernando (the city on the coast, not the San Fernando next to Angeles) bills itself as the Surfing Capital of the North, and I did catch glimpses of some decent waves, but the highway coastal strip is hideously ugly and congested with traffic. Still would've stayed a night if there were any decent hotels in evidence, but there weren't. Also, coastal access can be difficult if you don't have a beachfront resort or rental; properties appear to monopolize access.

Attachments

• IMG_20231202_141155.jpg
    IMG_20231202_141155.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back