Advice IMAGINE STAYING IN THE WEST AHHAHAHHAHAHAH

I have a family member who is an actuary and she was telling me about a lecture where the presenter went over the fact that due to coming demographic pressures a majority of the population would not be working age and taxes on young people entering the work force (millenials & zoomers) would have to consume at least 2/3 of working people's income.

And I said I'm not doing that lol. And she was like "what do you mean?" And I said I would leave the country if that happened. And she was like "I don't believe you". And then I said something like "we'll see".

I have a family member who is an actuary and she was telling me about a lecture where the presenter went over the fact that due to coming demographic pressures a majority of the population would not be working age and taxes on young people entering the work force (millenials & zoomers) would have to consume at least 2/3 of working people's income.

And I said I'm not doing that lol. And she was like "what do you mean?" And I said I would leave the country if that happened. And she was like "I don't believe you". And then I said something like "we'll see".
u think that actually might happen in the future? what happens if it does and doesnt happen?

u think that actually might happen in the future? what happens if it does and doesnt happen?
I expect extreme/authoritarian politics in Europe because extreme reform is needed for them to survive. Probably France or Turkey is first and they will try to take over some of their resource rich former colonies/neighbors.

I expect North America will weather the storm okay in the long run but this coming decade will be chaotic. It will result with reforms that take away a lot of economic privileges of boomers (taxes or bans on owning multiple homes, entitlement reform, restrictions on outsourcing, higher taxes on capital, economic reform, etc.). Like in 2030s North America will be a good place to live again but this decade will be painful but not as painful as it will be for Europe.

I expect SEA and Latin America to be relatively peaceful & stable but they rely on foreign oil so cost of living could go up (this is not much different than now, SEA/Latin America main cost of living savings you get from geomaxxing is due to lower rent prices).

I expect China and Russia will become much more isolated and authoritarian to maintain internal stability during their demographic collapse and will become poorer.

Most of Africa will become a failed state and they will have widespread famine and civil war. Easy to imagine a country like France with a military dictator going in to secure cheap oil for themselves from North Africa.

how does a societal reset happen? like what changes?
When social trust decreases past a certain level resets occur. Resets usually result in complicated societies turning into less complicated societies (think Roman Britain for example) however this doesn't have to be the case.

Also social reset is a general system to describe a change in power system or way of organising a society. They can happen for a wide range of reasons and lead to a wide range of effects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back