JFL how you compare bangkok to manila

kamster

FAKECELEST FAKECEL
May 4, 2023
i know manila is real shithole like homeland of worst cockroaches
and its dangerous

but are there normal areas and not extremely expensive?
all i need is couple of safe streets around hotel, 24 hour market and it should be inexpensive

doable? or should i just sleep at the manila airport and take first flight to bangkok like i usually do

I really haven't spent much time in Manila, but I strongly recommend Bangkok.

I've just come from there to Phuket.

Bkk is like the perfect base for any Geomaxxers; has everything.

If you stay on Sukhumvit, it ticks all the boxes you mentioned.

Endless supply of foids to meet for hookup. Affordable apartment and bills. Parks where you can train calisthenics. 24 7 shops for food and supplies. Decent markets.

i know manila is real shithole like homeland of worst cockroaches
and its dangerous

but are there normal areas and not extremely expensive?
all i need is couple of safe streets around hotel, 24 hour market and it should be inexpensive

doable? or should i just sleep at the manila airport and take first flight to bangkok like i usually do
I liked Manila, though it does have its rough, hustler side. Spent 30 days in PH before traveling to Bangkok, and may spend another month in the country before flying back to America (though next time I'll prolly go to the Visayas). In Bangkok, tourism can feel inescapable, but in Manila, only Intramuros sees lots of foreign tourists. The rest of the city sees few foreigners.

Manila is easier to walk around than many other cities in Metro Manila, but not pleasant as traffic is very loud and dirty. It has more variety of restaurants than most of PH, neighborhoods in the city are clearly distinct from each other, it has some cool parks, and it has some kickass market districts. The street beggars in Manila never get violent or aggressive, in my experience. SIgnal "no" with an underhanded finger waggle and they will leave you alone; they won't try anything bad if you are aware of their presence. Walking late at night never felt dangerous, and you can always find something to eat on the street there - even if it is barbecued rat. I stayed longest near the UST campus, and would recommend that area for being close to quite a lot of things. Ermita and Malate nightlife districts I was not impressed with; Intramuros was a mix of tourists, touts and chill people on back streets who served me a double lunch plus drink for $1.35.

Don't discount Pasay either, which is where NAIA is located; most of the city looks like shit, but I met more cool people there than anywhere else in Luzon, and the street food is very cheap and tasty.

the last time i was in manila my card got skimmed jfl

no matter where i was in thailand that shit never happened

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back