Advice How to find people to travel with

Framemogger

Jan 20, 2024
I’m tryna travel to tons of places soon.

Planning on going to Thailand, Philippines ,Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, and maybe Ghana/Kenya.

But it’s hard to find friends who can join cause they have jobs and shi.

I’m in a gap year rn and saved a ton of money for travel before school starts.

Is there place online to find travel buddies. Are ppl on this forum down to travel together?

Last edited:
Wouldnt travel with randoms, there is big chance of them robbing you.
True it hard to trust ppl cause lots of mofos out there.

But you could always meet them for coffee in a public place and try to tell if they are trustworthy. For some reason scammers robbers give of a certain vibe you can usually pick up on ime.

But you could always meet them for coffee in a public place and try to tell if they are trustworthy. For some reason scammers robbers give of a certain vibe you can usually pick up on ime.
Not always, there are people who u think would never do anything bad, but they are criminals.

just fly to country by yourself then post on here org and trv if anyone wants to meetup
I’m kinda a bitch ngl when it comes to being alone. I don’t rlly like doing stuff alone. I always have to be with friends or other ppl.

But this is an opportunity to man up and try to do shit on my own.

I’m tryna travel to tons of places soon.

Planning on going to Thailand, Philippines ,Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, and maybe Ghana/Kenya.

But it’s hard to find friends who can join cause they have jobs and shi.

I’m in a gap year rn and saved a ton of money for travel before school starts.

Is there place online to find travel buddies. Are ppl on this forum down to travel together?
Goes SEAmaxxing to brunei, You will find tons of JBs out there

What about the people who have good intentions at first, but your generosity or carelessness tempts them to take advantage of you? Filipinos (and Filipinas) are often like this, they easily succumb to temptation. Oh, you let her stand next to you when you withdrew money from an ATM? If she caught a glimpse of your PIN, it doesn't matter how deeply you two are into each other, you can NEVER trust her again.

It's true that the ones who approach you with the intention of scamming you right off the bat typically use well-worn trust-building techniques which you can pick up on easily. If a guy is too eager and insistent on your company, he is either a scammer or a faggot.
Goes SEAmaxxing to brunei, You will find tons of JBs out there
Place is Singapore-tier wealthy, how can any poorfag geomaxxer impress there? But if you do find a chick there, then yeah she'll be driving her pet whitey around in her BMW, kek.
I’m kinda a bitch ngl when it comes to being alone. I don’t rlly like doing stuff alone. I always have to be with friends or other ppl.

But this is an opportunity to man up and try to do shit on my own.
True, it can be depressing to be alone while surrounded by groups of happy chatty tourists. Hostels are the go-to solution for many, but it all depends on who happens to be in the hostel at the time. Oldfags in hostels tend to be weirdos, but because of this, once you start talking to them as a fellow weirdo, you instantly become friends.

Some countries it is very easy to make local friends. In Kuala Lumpur I saw plenty of foreigners hanging out with Malays they must've met in the city.

Other countries, it is very easy to make local "friends". Always a good idea in Third World countries to take charge of your friend circle, as in "I'll buy the next six bottles of Red Horse", or "Hey, let's go out and see XYZ, from what you were saying it sounds cool. You can bring one of your friends as well, I'll buy lunch for both of you."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back