when people ask me why i don’t speak korean after living there for a cumulative total of 6 years

AlexBrown84

INTP - 22 years old - Been to 30+ countries
Jul 31, 2022
did victorian era british men learn hindi when they went to work in their indian colony? no

only oriental language i would fully learn is chinese, even though i can sparsely speak thai and korean haha

based

it says theyre moderate procifiency. does that mean a decent amount speak english? the one i met was fluent in english like it was her first language

based

View attachment 4975

it says theyre moderate procifiency. does that mean a decent amount speak english? the one i met was fluent in english like it was her first language
yea most koreans nowadays speak enough english

compared to complacent self absorbed japs who think they’re superior and dont bother to learn the queens english

and it perfectly mirrors their stagnating economy for the past quarter century

compared to complacent self absorbed japs who think they’re superior and dont bother to learn the queens english

Tbf Korea is going to be in the same situation as Japan in like 15-20 years as is Taiwan. The Japanese were one of the biggest spenders on luxury goods in the 90s, which is similar to what Korea is right now. Korea had a golden period from like 2000-20, but now just has too many highly educated graduates without enough prospects, and then the politics, work culture and birth rates are all a problem. Even the pension system in Korea is really bad, and they have the highest poverty rates for 60+ people among developed countries, which is why you see so many old people working as security guards, taxi drivers, and manual labor jobs, rather than being able to retire.

oof

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back