Tips for traveling on budget?

Your biggest expense will be flights. You can travel very cheaply if you find a good price for flights. You can also find cheap place to stay or more expensive depending on your budget

Your biggest expense will be flights. You can travel very cheaply if you find a good price for flights. You can also find cheap place to stay or more expensive depending on your budget
Have you ever flown with RyanAir before? They seem to sell tickets really cheap.

How do I travel as a brokecel?
Step one is learning how to manage your money, particularly the outflow of funds. Once you get good spending habits down, they will serve you well for the rest of your life.

Step two is learning how to live with fewer possessions. The more stuff you have, the more difficult it will be to travel for extended periods of time. Sell it, donate it, trash it.

Step three is to amass funds. You should have about $5000 in reserve for when you return to your home country; anything on top of that can be designated as your travel fund. Set a goal for yourself, and work until it is within reach. Then buy your flight, put in your notice, get rid of everything you won't be bringing with you, and kick off your life as a wanderer.

Step four is to set realistic expectations for your time abroad. If you are going to be spending a long time abroad, forget about comparing your spending against the cost of the airfare like so many fools do. They are mere vacationers who will be returning to miserable wagecuckery in two weeks; let them blow their allotted cash and have their allotted fun...before they know it the boss-man will drag them back to work.

Long-haul geomaxxers should start out at the poverty tier, get a feel for the realities of daily life in-country, then slowly increase spending as they settle in and begin desiring a more refined geomaxxing experience. This spending pattern will nearly always allow you to travel longer than you anticipated, and at a higher tier as well, as with time you become adept at finding the best a place has to offer for an economical price.

Step five is to limit your transport expenses if you are in it for the long haul. It may be tempting to hit up as many destinations as you possibly can, but you may only become disillusioned by the endless parade of scenery and tourists. And at such expense! Excursions should be a special treat, not an everyday activity. If you need constant stimulation, move to a city which offers the nightlife and energy you desire, and delve into the scene.

Step one is learning how to manage your money, particularly the outflow of funds. Once you get good spending habits down, they will serve you well for the rest of your life.

Step two is learning how to live with fewer possessions. The more stuff you have, the more difficult it will be to travel for extended periods of time. Sell it, donate it, trash it.

Step three is to amass funds. You should have about $5000 in reserve for when you return to your home country; anything on top of that can be designated as your travel fund. Set a goal for yourself, and work until it is within reach. Then buy your flight, put in your notice, get rid of everything you won't be bringing with you, and kick off your life as a wanderer.

Step four is to set realistic expectations for your time abroad. If you are going to be spending a long time abroad, forget about comparing your spending against the cost of the airfare like so many fools do. They are mere vacationers who will be returning to miserable wagecuckery in two weeks; let them blow their allotted cash and have their allotted fun...before they know it the boss-man will drag them back to work.

Long-haul geomaxxers should start out at the poverty tier, get a feel for the realities of daily life in-country, then slowly increase spending as they settle in and begin desiring a more refined geomaxxing experience. This spending pattern will nearly always allow you to travel longer than you anticipated, and at a higher tier as well, as with time you become adept at finding the best a place has to offer for an economical price.

Step five is to limit your transport expenses if you are in it for the long haul. It may be tempting to hit up as many destinations as you possibly can, but you may only become disillusioned by the endless parade of scenery and tourists. And at such expense! Excursions should be a special treat, not an everyday activity. If you need constant stimulation, move to a city which offers the nightlife and energy you desire, and delve into the scene.
step four is good advice

how many countries have you been to btw

ya, asia has AMAZING transportation that is cheap as fuck. Like even a fucking cab in indonesia is less than 10 dollars, going from one end of the city to another.

i found the same my day in the philipeans. Fuck, you can haggle the fucking drivers. cause the fuckers see you a foreigner and dont' want to use the meter, cause it' s so damn cheap.

Attachments

• he's right.jpg
    he's right.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 0
NOW THIS

NOW THIS is solid advice. and number 3 was the hardest for me. But i sold EVERYTHING i had. or gave it away. ONly thing i now have is one house and an apartment in my home country.

but my life was two suitcases and a back pack and computer back. I wittled it down to 1 suit case and a back pack and computer bag. But i am going to wittle it down further

i have a japanese authentic komono from japan. When i went to japan (was a wedding komono) and last night i was thinking about after 10 years, getting rid of it. *super sad face

cause this kimono is the real fucking deal, hand stitched, heavy as fuck. Probably weights 10 pounds.

But seriously, when am i going to wear it, or fucking have my bitch wear it?

step four is good advice

how many countries have you been to btw
Taiwan will be #6; I arrive there on March 30th.

Total time spent in foreign countries is sitting at 16 months at the moment, versus 39 months spent leisure traveling in America (with the occasional work-stay gig thrown in). 54 months of paid seasonal/temp labor over the same time.

I started 2015 with a fully paid-off SUV and $200 or so in the bank. Hit the road six weeks later with about $1400 saved. Tax refund saved my ass during that trip, but I still ended up running low on funds and being taken in by a fundamentalist Christian family in Ohio for a few days. Then I landed my first seasonal job with dorm housing in New Hampshire, after 3 1/2 months on the road. Before 2019, I never made more than $10/hour at any of my seasonal jobs.

DSCF3469
Being obsessed with solitary independence, car dwelling allowed me to sleep in my own space, cook my own meals, and live as I wanted to for the price of gas and groceries. All the nasty winter weather and other challenges of life on the road were simply the price of freedom.

It wasn't until the Explorer's transmission broke 110,000 miles later that I flew to Colombia and resigned myself to complete dependence on paying strangers to provide me a place to sleep and feed me when I was hungry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back