i would go crazy if i had to plan trips months in advance

AlexBrown84

INTP - 22 years old - Been to 30+ countries
Jul 31, 2022
i don’t know how you guys do it

i remember back in the day of conquering asia, i would be eating some burgers that night, watch a tiktok about something in a foreign country, and book a flight for the next morning

still trying to decide where i should go next tbh. i’ve switched from nepal to indonesia to thailand to filthypeens to cambodia to east timor all in the past 12 hours lol

another trust fund kid brag.

just go to indonesia already and learn from biggunsar!
we might have to postpone it

or else i would

so that’s why im trying to figure out where to go

maybe korea? japan? bangladesh? sri lanka?

i just need a country to rot in for a month before i fly to london

i remember back in the day of conquering asia, i would be eating some burgers that night, watch a tiktok about something in a foreign country, and book a flight for the next morning

still trying to decide where i should go next tbh. i’ve switched from nepal to indonesia to thailand to filthypeens to cambodia to east timor all in the past 12 hours lol
gets a lot harder when you have a job and tight budget

This winter, I want the path of my travels around Southeast Asia to consist of aesthetically pleasing loops and sweeping curves, visiting every hospitable city and town along the way for at least a couple days. Paths may cross each other, but they should not overlap or make an overly sharp change in direction (i.e. an out-and-back route). This is a tentative overland route I threw together in fifteen minutes of research:
>Bangkok to Chiang Rai over 60 days
>Enter Laos and head to Boten (northern terminus of Laos railway)
>30 days touring Laos by train, exploring the north and Vientiane
>Re-enter Thailand, 60 days exploring Isaan
>Re-enter Laos at Savannakhet, 30 days exploring southern Laos
>Continue south into Cambodia, 30 days there
>Cross into Vietnam, 30 days exploring far south Vietnam
>Fly HCMS to KL
>30-90 days in northern Malaysia
>Re-enter Thailand, explore the south by train over 60 days
>Fly Bangkok to HCMS, 60 days traversing Vietnam to Hanoi
>Fly Hanoi to Taipei
>30-90 days in Taiwan
>Travel fund depleted, return to America
That's 14-18 months of travel, should run me $12-14K

Airplanes are gay because they separate you from the earth's surface and allow you to base your travel decisions on random whims rather than common-sense geographical considerations, i.e. what is the next town with tourist lodging along this route?
gets a lot harder when you have a job and tight budget
Are you a Europoor? A menial laborer in America with a modicum of self-discipline can put away $2000 a month with relative ease.

Are you a Europoor? A menial laborer in America with a modicum of self-discipline can put away $2000 a month with relative ease.
yes in southern and eastern europe many salaries dont even pay 2k$ and cost of living is quite high in general
US one of the best countries in the world to save money

pretty much, US workers think it's quite common to have travel budget of 3/4k$ per month
Except that US workers never travel for a full month, let alone multiple months. American wagies only get two weeks off at a time. Even my dad, who has worked at his company for over two decades and is extremely well-compensated, is not able to take more than two weeks off at a time. American wagies on vacation spend money like water, because they have far more money than time. $150/day is the average figure for a Thailand vacation (i.e. 50% of vacationers spend more), and that is in one of the best-value countries in the world.
Americans live in a bubble with monopoly money
Ain't ZOG great? We can expand our money supply as much as we want, enough to pay stoners $21/hour to put cans on store shelves, yet the USD has never lost value against other world currencies. Enjoy it while it lasts, fellow Americans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back