has anyone here continuously traveled for 4 months+ ?

AlexBrown84

INTP - 22 years old - Been to 30+ countries
Jul 31, 2022
and i don’t mean you stayed in the same foreign city for months

i mean going to a new city 2 times a week

and dealing with all the logistics that come with it

it’s driving me insane! might cancel my trip across eurasia and go rot in korea or thailand tbh

i never thought doing my doctoral dissertation for the science of geomaxxing would drive me so insane! but in almost to the finish line!

oh to be rotting in a log cabin in the mountains of manali stuffing my face with tibetan momos, butter chicken, and mutton biryani!

highly recommend you guys to go to manali if you’re ever in india. pure bliss!
IMG 6029
idk how i even found it. was just looking at random places on the map and decided to stay here for a month

but enough with my ramblings! the show must go on, i will continue my land odyssey across the world!

oh to be rotting in my apartment facing the mekong with a little sea brown girl!

woe is me!
IMG 5697

@Orientalist i can’t even remember the last time i talked to another anglo so please pardon me if when we meet i sound a bit insane!

seriously, it’s prob been months since i’ve last spoke to a non chinese person.

this is what being on the trail, in the jungle for so long does to one!

i prefer slow travel
4 months is a lot if you are 24/7 travelling and analysing the different cities

i would quit in 1 month

Travelling is stressful I'd rather just pick the best place to live and stay there and go holiday once or twice per year
yea i plan to do this after i finish this trip, should get it all out of my system by the time im done. then i will go live the slow life with my little brown chinky gf, taking a holiday once every 3 months, and focusing on polishing my travel notes to publish my doctoral thesis on the science of geomaxxing
i prefer slow travel
4 months is a lot if you are 24/7 travelling and analysing the different cities

i would quit in 1 month
yea i’m doing slow travel. the reason i’m still in china is cuz i just finished staying a month in shanghai lol. if i speedrun china, which im bout to do as i’ve gotten all my bodily desires out of the way, i should get across the country in 2 weeks, then be fucking kazakh girls

for 95%+ the only sustainable way to do it is to stay at least 1 month per city
and even then, most ppl burn out in 2-3 years

its very low the amount of people i have met that have been traveling for +5 years
most end up back in their home country, settle somewhere new because they met a girl, or having different bases

yea i plan to do this after i finish this trip, should get it all out of my system by the time im done. then i will go live the slow life with my little brown chinky gf, taking a holiday once every 3 months, and focusing on polishing my travel notes to publish my doctoral thesis on the science of geomaxxing

yea i’m doing slow travel. the reason i’m still in china is cuz i just finished staying a month in shanghai lol. if i speedrun china, which im bout to do as i’ve gotten all my bodily desires out of the way, i should get across the country in 2 weeks, then be fucking kazakh girls
Any pics

for 95%+ the only sustainable way to do it is to stay at least 1 month per city
and even then, most ppl burn out in 2-3 years

its very low the amount of people i have met that have been traveling for +5 years
most end up back in their home country, settle somewhere new because they met a girl, or having different bases
Yep most nomads burn out

I've been on the move since late October. Burned through about 30% of my savings so far. It's great to geomin with complete independence in America. Eat whatever I can cook on my campstove, hit the town every day to hang out, drive off to the state/national forest to find a campsite. Of course, only certain regions of America are comfortable and hospitable for van vagabonds, and only in certain times of the year. If you don't mind swatting bugs, the Michigan forests are one of the best places for a vagabond summer there is.

Overall, white Americans are much more warm, curious and open than Asians are. Often, whites show aversion, unease, wariness around me as well. So many conflicting emotions with white people. Asians don't really give a fuck about me as a person, nor does my presence elicit any emotional reaction; they are well-mannered toward me as part of their business and cultural obligations, and I am well-mannered toward them because they are doing something for me.

Personally, I feel much more comfortable around the depersonalized business interactions on the Asian street than I do greeting or chatting with random white Americans who try to show kindness to misfits, be empathic and understanding, because their God or their moral code impels them to do so. In Latin America, I get approached by people with less benevolent motives. But in Asia, people intuitively understand and respect my personal boundaries. Particularly Thailand. No other country have I felt so at ease just being myself in public.

IMG 20240724 211455

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back