“We moved into a vacant house in the Japanese countryside (and only pay $300/year for rent)”

ImFree007

I need to create a pina dynasty with my pension
Dec 14, 2023
Would you all live like this? I sure as hell wouldn’t.

depends if there is a grocery store nearby/internet/ and basically that's all you need.

spiders are nothing (unless you scare them, reaching under a blanket kinda dealio, they dont' actively try to get you), lizards are nothing (will NEVER bite you) . but those 40 legs (centipedes) are real mother fuckers. THEY WILL bite you, and actively seek to bite you. THey are agressive. WOULD NOT want to get bit by those things. we have them in cayman. And people have scars STILL have 3 years old bite marks. each one of them had to go to the hospital to remove the centipede. they do not let go. even if you chop their heads off.

fuckkk that.

that dude that gets bitten by everything in youtube. says it's the most painful bite he's ever had, and thats' a dude that had been bitten by a bullet hornet. And a snapping turtle. fireants, every kind of bee known to mankind. and other creatures.

i almost got bit twice. fuckers are fast. and have NO natural preditors

desert one
asian one

Last edited:
Tokyo is very cheap compared to tier 1 cities
In tier 2 japanese cities, you can buy a flat for less than 100k$

the issue is the visa, but if anyone has money, you can get yourself a flat and spend 6 months/year as a tourist
it's the perfect base in asia

the issue is the visa, but if anyone has money, you can get yourself a flat and spend 6 months/year as a tourist
But why live in Tokyo

Top 3 cities in the world in terms of quality of food, restaurants, safety, fun activities, etc...
i wouldn't mind having a base in Japan and spending 4-5 months there every year
but im too poor to afford it lol

It depends ig. It sounds perfect under the conditions that you have financial stability, a partner and not bad proximity to a city or something else fun.

And on top of that some rural village in EE won't really be that different of an experience but I guess it isn't muh Japan

Osaka is pretty underrated in that aspect, can legit buy decent apartments for around 150-200k. And also in Tokyo suburbs you can get stuff in that price range. For the visa, it’s best to set up a business, and go for the business manager visa, because the language school visa are limited for 2 years.

that would be a good plan if you plan to AIRBNB your place when not in japan. But you better have a good location.

Before you do that. go on airbnb, and look around the area you plan to buy the apartment

one of two things will be shown. 1. lots of competition, so you will have to market your apartment accordingly. 2. NO airbnb's near your area, which means it's not touristy, or it's an untapped market. But usually it's not a touristy area.

but wrapping up 100k in something, i would want a return on that investment. if i am not living in it. (living it it, is a return. after all, you are not paying rent) but if you cannot live it in year round, you better get some money back in the months you do not live in it

infact speaking of that, it's something i been thinking about is instead of keeping my money in the bank, why not invest it in some type of house, that i can add on and make it an AIRBNB property. one prop when im there, 2 prop when im gone.

instead of letting my money waste in a bank (ya i know about 5% treasury bills ect) but it's a fuckng hassle. and i don't like my money being locked up for months or years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back