why airbnb in korea is half the price of south europe despite theyre richer

predeterminism

Aug 5, 2022
Lumbridge

this is why airbnb in spain is 2k per month for a shitty apartment near the beach

like 20 of the richest countries in the world have no beach or warm weather so they go to the closest country which does

but in busan, korea. theres no countries which dont have beaches or warm weather so no mass incentive to go there. and china is broke. and japan has more beaches than korea so no incentive.

so airbnb there is like 500-1k for a decent apartment near the beach

plus beauty standards in ur favour

mogs

aren't those apartments in Busan usually much smaller and older?
the price per sqm is usually much higher in Asia if you compare it, even cheap cities like Bangkok have sqm prices comparable to the center cities of Spain or other european countries

aren't those apartments in Busan usually much smaller and older?
the price per sqm is usually much higher in Asia if you compare it, even cheap cities like Bangkok have sqm prices comparable to the center cities of Spain or other european countries
No, it's simply just cheaper cos 10000x less tourists

im scrolling through airbnb and its shoebox size
which i kinda like cause i dont need big apartments, and the price is a lot more affordable

but aprtments in europe are usualy double size

Europe is the #1 tourist destination on Earth for affluent whites. They worship the ambience and aesthetic of Europe as the pinnacle of human civilizational achievement. Also, there's that stupid fucking war in Ukraine that has driven prices through the roof throughout Europe. That Barcelona pad prolly rented for $1000/month back in 2019, when digital nomads were flocking en masse to Iberia as the best place in existence.

In Asia, cities are aesthetically unappealing for the most part, even as interiors are modern & far better appointed than some falling-apart historic building rented to tourists in Spain. Also, East Asians in particular have a frugal mindset even when their income is secure. They don't spend every dime they make on treating themselves like so many white people do. There's other economic reasons as well for why inflation (adjusted for USD) has been 0% or even negative in most of Asia in recent years.
im scrolling through airbnb and its shoebox size
which i kinda like cause i dont need big apartments, and the price is a lot more affordable

but aprtments in europe are usualy double size
You've got a point. Going cheap in Asia gets you a small room, sometimes windowless, but still clean, well-maintained and well-furnished. Usually. Going cheap in Mexico, the room is more or less the same size as a pricier room, but everything is falling apart and filthy because the landlord is a sloppy spic. Reckon Europe is more the latter, I've heard horror stories of people who rent cheap rooms in Eastern Europe or the Balkans that are absolutely atrocious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back