What food do you typically eat while geomaxxing?

Just open grab and there’s a ton of different meals from good restaurants for 2-5 dollars

don’t need to think about the price of food in SEA if you are white westerner, if indian you can eat the streetfood

i rotate between mcdonald’s kfc and the local food

walking 20k steps a day helps me stay in shape
IMG 8659

In PH I averaged $6.50/day in food expenses. Here in Thailand I have averaged $8/day. In northern Mexico last winter, I spent about $14/day on food, IIRC. Central Mexico the winter cost around $10/day to stuff my face. In Colombia, I povertymaxxed and skimped by on barely over $4/day for a while, before deciding to eat one quality meal a day (typically $2.25-2.75).

Living a sedentary life in SEA, appetite is my greatest limitation. Especially in Khon Kaen, where portion sizes can be fucking enormous. I bought a large fish right off the grill yesterday...the to-go meal package must have weighed four pounds. Still under $3, kek.

Fast food joints, fuck them - both national and global chains. I've eaten fried chicken on the street in Thailand that blew KFC or Jollibee away, and cost a third the price. The delicious breading was mixed with finely diced fresh herbs that gave it an amazing flavor. Of course, I've eaten some stale & rubbery fried chicken on the street as well. You learn with time in a country (and a few bad eating experiences) how to intuitively judge freshness and quality.
Just open grab and there’s a ton of different meals from good restaurants for 2-5 dollars

don’t need to think about the price of food in SEA if you are white westerner, if indian you can eat the streetfood
Unless you are in the middle of a fuck marathon, there is no reason to use Grab. It is far preferable to go out and make a dining decision based on your personal, subjective judgment of dozens of eligible eateries. Smells, cooking setup, number of diners, what they are eating, dedication of staff to their work, available seating, opening/closing hours, food handling practices.

Compensation for good reviews is very common in Thailand; that's why all weed shops have solid 5-star ratings. Reviews and ratings are worthless here.

I agree that foreigners should not be dickering over cost when dining out here. Just order, eat and pay the bill when it's time to pay. In all my time in Thailand, no working-class Thai restaurant I have selected has tried to rip me off. Street vendors are far more likely to overcharge foreigners, especially in tourist-heavy areas.

Unless you are in the middle of a fuck marathon, there is no reason to use Grab. It is far preferable to go out and make a dining decision based on your personal, subjective judgment of dozens of eligible eateries. Smells, cooking setup, number of diners, what they are eating, dedication of staff to their work, available seating, opening/closing hours, food handling practices.
grab gets addicting af

what are cheapest foods? normally i ordered different things from grab but im broke white nigger now and im trying to do everything as cheap as possible
pad thai can be as low as 60-80 baht, pho soup even cheaper
what else?

what are cheapest foods? normally i ordered different things from grab but im broke white nigger now and im trying to do everything as cheap as possible
what else?
foreskin haver

what else?
thai food will be the cheapest

and there’s lots of discounts you can use to get it cheaper

but usually buying the local food in person is cheaper

grab gets addicting af
in my experience using food delivery apps in SEA, the food that arrives is low quality, portion size, and does not taste good. i agree with @JustGo getting direct delivery or takeaway through restaurant yields better results. i am used to eating high quality food its very important to me to eat well while travelling. most of the time i boil eggs in an electric kettle.

European or Asian food, can’t stand the fast food crap. But I probably end up spending a lot because of dates in restaurants. Although even higher end restaurants here are pretty cheap compared to Western Europe, like a meal for 2 would be 90$ compared to 250+$. Had this Spanish food today.

IMG 9778

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back