thoughts on paraguay?

Paraguay is probably the most laid back and boring country in LatAm. It is also the poorest country and cheapest country to live in in the region.

It is easy to get both temporary and permanent residency there (not citizenship), many Germans and some Europeans moved there recently. Some expats are a bit weird - e.g. conspiracy theorists, anti-vaxxers, German muslim immigrant haters, Amish-style people. Some just don't want to live in EU anymore and settle on a farm in the middle of nowhere. Some are retirees or legit businessmen. There's also some Italians, Argentinians trying to escape the inflation and taxes, some people with Japanese origin.

In terms of the locals themselves, they seem quite friendly, chill and peaceful. They are actually happy and excited to talk to you. In some LatAm countries you can get by with speaking English, in Paraguay not really, not many people understand English and even when you speak Spanish it is not easy because they mix it with their local native language (some 50:50, some more like 75:25) in the middle of every sentence. The locals (both men and women) are also very religious and conservative.

There aren't really many attractions or sights, it is rare to see a tourist there. The old historical downtown of the capital city is virtually dead early in the evening, most shops/bars closed or abandoned because of a nearby favela. There is the capital city, a huge waterfall, a shady border town and farms (usually with cattle) everywhere in the countryside. That's it. The local food is very very good, especially the beef, it is also the origin country of yerba mate - drink similar to tea and coffee but kinda better. Their national food is something called Paraguay soup but it isn't a soup, more like a strange smelly yellow bread.

In the summer (their winter - July/August) it is quite pleasant there, otherwise very hot and humid. There is quite a lot of drug trade happening because it functions as a transit country from Bolivia to everywhere in the world. You may often see soldiers and policemen randomly standing on the street with assault rifles but I haven't seen any violent crime there. Also corruption is common I think.

It is easy to get both temporary and permanent residency there (not citizenship), many Germans and some Europeans moved there recently. Some expats are a bit weird - e.g. conspiracy theorists, anti-vaxxers, German muslim immigrant haters.
define consipracy theorist

Paraguay is probably the most laid back and boring country in LatAm. It is also the poorest country and cheapest country to live in in the region.

It is easy to get both temporary and permanent residency there (not citizenship), many Germans and some Europeans moved there recently. Some expats are a bit weird - e.g. conspiracy theorists, anti-vaxxers, German muslim immigrant haters, Amish-style people. Some just don't want to live in EU anymore and settle on a farm in the middle of nowhere. Some are retirees or legit businessmen. There's also some Italians, Argentinians trying to escape the inflation and taxes, some people with Japanese origin.

In terms of the locals themselves, they seem quite friendly, chill and peaceful. They are actually happy and excited to talk to you. In some LatAm countries you can get by with speaking English, in Paraguay not really, not many people understand English and even when you speak Spanish it is not easy because they mix it with their local native language (some 50:50, some more like 75:25) in the middle of every sentence. The locals (both men and women) are also very religious and conservative.

There aren't really many attractions or sights, it is rare to see a tourist there. The old historical downtown of the capital city is virtually dead early in the evening, most shops/bars closed or abandoned because of a nearby favela. There is the capital city, a huge waterfall, a shady border town and farms (usually with cattle) everywhere in the countryside. That's it. The local food is very very good, especially the beef, it is also the origin country of yerba mate - drink similar to tea and coffee but kinda better. Their national food is something called Paraguay soup but it isn't a soup, more like a strange smelly yellow bread.

In the summer (their winter - July/August) it is quite pleasant there, otherwise very hot and humid. There is quite a lot of drug trade happening because it functions as a transit country from Bolivia to everywhere in the world. You may often see soldiers and policemen randomly standing on the street with assault rifles but I haven't seen any violent crime there. Also corruption is common I think.

This might not be the forum for you. Try r/digitalnomad or something. Being hyper aware of government tyranny and refusing to inject your body with weird chemicals is not 'weird' you stupid cuck, it's actually self evident.

This might not be the forum for you. Try r/digitalnomad or something. Being hyper aware of government tyranny and refusing to inject your body with weird chemicals is not 'weird' you stupid cuck, it's actually self evident.
its almost as dumb as circukcucking

sounds like a nice place

I believe opposing opinions are always better than an echo chamber. I'm more aware of government tyranny than most people in my country - the technical aspect of it (surveillance, regulation etc.). I do not find vaccination that important for me personally, YMMV.

Look, I literally spoke with a retired German guy there who believes that the vaccine contains nano-robots that control people's minds. I'm not a fan of anything mandatory - from vaccination to state education to taxes... and in the end I got vaccinated because it was very difficult to travel to some Asian countries without the vaccine in 2022.

tl;dr: Paraguay is a nice place to have as a backup strategy or a base from which you can explore other LatAm countries. For living, it could get boring pretty quickly because there isn't really much to do. I forgot to mention the girls in my previous post - I found them quite friendly but an average girl there is bit bland, not ugly, not beautiful... Physically a lot of them are kinda big, big asses which isn't my thing. So if you are geomaxxing because of girls, the preferred places would be Brazil, Colombia or southeast Asia I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back