Rotting for a year

Pained4ever

Aug 26, 2023
I think my current plan is to go to Philippines and rot for a year and not be employed. I have enough money to do it, but I have to get my jaw surgery first. Where should I do it? I need a decent standard of living since i'm used to burgerland middle class qol. The more I learn about BGC and manila in general makes me not want to go there so i'm not sure.

He said decent standard of living lol

@Pained4ever what would you describe as a decent standard of living, maybe we could help you more then
Not too many panhandlers, low crime, internet that actually works, not too far from stores/ restaurants. I know it's a shithole but I'm sure there's a few halfway decent places. Qol of like any midwest burger city that isn't crime ridden. Somewhat worse is fine. Obviously is gonna be worse than where I live now, but it'll be cheaper and I can bang mid chicks very easily so I'll accept the living situation being a bit worse. I've been watching a lot of videos about specific neighborhoods and looking on reddit so there's definitely some spots that could work even in manila. I wish Thailand had as easy a visa situation.

I think my current plan is to go to Philippines and rot for a year and not be employed. I have enough money to do it, but I have to get my jaw surgery first. Where should I do it? I need a decent standard of living since i'm used to burgerland middle class qol. The more I learn about BGC and manila in general makes me not want to go there so i'm not sure.
Yeah, why not. I'm going to Vietnam soon. I'm waiting on my visa.

My thing was in Cebu the food was so bad it was kind of crazy, like unimaginably bad and the lack of sanitation.. you are bound to get some tropical disease eating at these places

And that brings me to my next point, I found that even though PH was poorer and worse QOL it was more expensive then Thailand and other countries, because for instance if you want to eat actual normal food you have to go to the most expensive places to buy it, making the price the pretty much the same as the west.

Power outages are frequent (I was in the nicest part of town too) never mind internet being unreliable at best

My thing was in Cebu the food was so bad it was kind of crazy, like unimaginably bad and the lack of sanitation.. you are bound to get some tropical disease eating at these places

And that brings me to my next point, I found that even though PH was poorer and worse QOL it was more expensive then Thailand and other countries, because for instance if you want to eat actual normal food you have to go to the most expensive places to buy it, making the price the pretty much the same as the west.

Power outages are frequent (I was in the nicest part of town too) never mind internet being unreliable at best
Good thing nobody is forcing you to stay here

Good thing nobody is forcing you to stay here
Ya that’s why I left lmao

But I think you’re smart going to Davao because it’s not as much of a city, more rural so it just seems more like a tropical paradise.

Have you been to Cebu?

true. i got food poisoned by spaghetti bolognese on a ferry from cebu to bohol.

once i finish my third circumnavigation of the globe im gonna rot somewhere, either a shithole in sea or china

haven’t decided yet. i feel like lebron deciding between new york and miami

i managed to not fall victim to that as so many foreigners do, when i escaped from living in bangkok after a year and a half
Yep. I plan on living in Bangkok for a good 6 months. I'm drawn to there for some strange reason. How was it?

Another thing, a lot of us on here have the incel scarcity mindset from growing up in the West. This is something the sufferers of said infliction must cure during their time in SEA.

Ya that’s why I left lmao

But I think you’re smart going to Davao because it’s not as much of a city, more rural so it just seems more like a tropical paradise.

Have you been to Cebu?
I avoid places with foreigners, or places where foreigners flash money to attract girls, or places that are more attractive for older foreigners to retire like Dumaguette cause it invites degenerate behavior like the richest neighbourhood I am at now in Manila

So many Chinese pay for Filipinas and it's super depressing.

I avoid places with foreigners, or places where foreigners flash money to attract girls, or places that are more attractive for older foreigners to retire like Dumaguette cause it invites degenerate behavior like the richest neighbourhood I am at now in Manila

So many Chinese pay for Filipinas and it's super depressing.
Do you avoid places with foreigners at every location?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back