It only makes sense to stay within the anglosphere

after i completed my bucket list of countries i wanted to visit in winters, i started revisiting my toprated places and went back to thailand. the country was still a solid choice, but after experiencing how close i can get emotionally to foreign women if i speak their language, i kind of felt shut off from that in thailand because the language barrier is high.

that's why i'm considering philippines again for this winter. the other options i'm looking at like vietnam, indonesia and taiwan are certainly better countries in total, but you are just much more of a foreigner there because of language. it just requires more flexibility and frustration tolerance from both you and the girl to make things happen.

after i completed my bucket list of countries i wanted to visit in winters, i started revisiting my toprated places and went back to thailand. the country was still a solid choice, but after experiencing how close i can get emotionally to foreign women if i speak their language, i kind of felt shut off from that in thailand because the language barrier is high.

that's why i'm considering philippines again for this winter. the other options i'm looking at like vietnam, indonesia and taiwan are certainly better countries in total, but you are just much more of a foreigner there because of language. it just requires more flexibility and frustration tolerance from both you and the girl to make things happen.
yeah.. its almost like its worth it to overlook an extreme amount of problems to get english speaking asian girls

just put in the time to learn the language

thai is actually easy once you learn to read and get practice with the tones

guys it’s not that difficult to learn the languages!

just spend a couple hours a day watching stuff in the language

constantly listen to music

and take lessons for about 3 hours a day

do this and you can legit be fluent in any language within a year

caveat this doesn’t work if ur a wage slave lol

i’m bored and want to improve my thai so might go take an intensive course in thailand to get to a level where i can talk about international relations

yes you're right, it's possible this way! but we are wage slaves so we have to decide wisely what we want to put hundreds of leisure time hours into.

tbh i just don't like tonal languages. i started learning chinese and it feels so unnatural if you can't use the tones to express emotions like you would do in european languages. not to mention all the characters. so i think i may skip on taiwan even though i'm really interested in kaohsiung. but 20% english speakers sounds like a hassle.

vietnamese has the same issue with tones but at least latin characters and higher english proficiency.

yes you're right, it's possible this way! but we are wage slaves so we have to decide wisely what we want to put hundreds of leisure time hours into.

tbh i just don't like tonal languages. i started learning chinese and it feels so unnatural if you can't use the tones to express emotions like you would do in european languages. not to mention all the characters. so i think i may skip on taiwan even though i'm really interested in kaohsiung. but 20% english speakers sounds like a hassle.

vietnamese has the same issue with tones but at least latin characters and higher english proficiency.
vietnamese can be a good way to get an introduction into tonal languages, especially if you want to learn chinese since there’s a large overlap of vocabulary without having to learn characters

and when i say a lot i mean like 60% of words in vietnamese come from china lol. modern vietnamese language itself was only invented a couple hundred years ago

caveat this doesn’t work if ur a wage slave lol

i’m bored and want to improve my thai so might go take an intensive course in thailand to get to a level where i can talk about international relations
a common method for learning japanese fast is reading a lot of manga and taking adderall. it's pretty cool but it's easy to just essentially learn the vocabulary and not know how to actually use the language so actually talking to japs is necessary. it will never not be funny seeing hyper autists getting upset about that fact...as if that's not the entire point of learning the language in the first place

a common method for learning japanese fast is reading a lot of manga and taking adderall. it's pretty cool but it's easy to just essentially learn the vocabulary and not know how to actually use the language so actually talking to japs is necessary. it will never not be funny seeing hyper autists getting upset about that fact...as if that's not the entire point of learning the language in the first place
don’t care about jap language

dying breed

cuck language

the japanese sounds you make with your mouth cause you to be recessed and your teeth to become crooked

Most of us have jobs so we can't do that shit briv

I have like 1 hour per week available for language lessons, maybe

I have more time than 2 hours. But not more energy

Last edited:

good way to keep your brain active, better than lounging on /pol/ for hours on end JFL
I'd like to learn enough Vietnamese to be able to talk basic business with the locals
chitter-chatter in any language is the epitome of inanity to me, dignified silence is preferable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back