in philipines you can get imprisoned for dumping your pina GF

geforcei7

Oct 28, 2023
there is a law that foreigners can't break up with their pina and leave her in poverty.
if she moves in, your fucked.

when you kick her out she can complain to the police and sue and imprison you for it.

living with a pina is a de facto marriage.

No, this is not true. There is no specific law in the Philippines that states foreigners can be imprisoned for breaking up with a Filipina girlfriend or leaving her in poverty. While the Philippines has some strict laws regarding marriage, particularly around adultery and concubinage, these laws apply equally to Filipino citizens and foreigners, and they are related to legal marriages, not casual relationships.

Foreigners living with a Filipina girlfriend are not considered in a "de facto" marriage under the law. However, if there are issues involving support for children born from the relationship or domestic disputes, legal consequences could arise in specific circumstances, like in any country.

It's important to consult local legal advice for clarity on specific cases, but the claim you've mentioned doesn't accurately reflect the legal framework in the Philippines.

not that I am particularly doubting what you said, pre, just that, well. every single person I ever talked to that denied the existence of common law marriage in america or europe was just wrong about it. it exists in at least half of jurisdictions.

given that common law marriage is by definition, non statutory, it shouldn't really be surprising if it is something that is enforced but not 'on the books' so to say.

I'd be interested if anyone had any sources, in any case

No, this is not true. There is no specific law in the Philippines that states foreigners can be imprisoned for breaking up with a Filipina girlfriend or leaving her in poverty. While the Philippines has some strict laws regarding marriage, particularly around adultery and concubinage, these laws apply equally to Filipino citizens and foreigners, and they are related to legal marriages, not casual relationships.

Foreigners living with a Filipina girlfriend are not considered in a "de facto" marriage under the law. However, if there are issues involving support for children born from the relationship or domestic disputes, legal consequences could arise in specific circumstances, like in any country.

It's important to consult local legal advice for clarity on specific cases, but the claim you've mentioned doesn't accurately reflect the legal framework in the Philippines.
thank you predeterminismGTP

there is a law that foreigners can't break up with their pina and leave her in poverty.
if she moves in, your fucked.

when you kick her out she can complain to the police and sue and imprison you for it.

living with a pina is a de facto marriage.
You cant say that without providing proper sources.... never heard that...

In the Philippines, there are laws that provide some protection for women in live-in relationships, especially in cases where they might be left in a vulnerable position.

1. Common Law Marriage: Articles 147 and 148 of the Family Code recognize common-law marriages. This means that if a man and a woman live together as husband and wife without being legally married, their wages and salaries are owned equally, and any property acquired during the relationship is co-owned1.
  2. Anti-Violence Against Women and Their Children Act (RA 9262): This law protects women and their children from various forms of abuse by their intimate partners, including economic abuse. Economic abuse includes acts that make a woman financially dependent, such as denying financial support

In the Philippines, there are laws that provide some protection for women in live-in relationships, especially in cases where they might be left in a vulnerable position.

1. Common Law Marriage: Articles 147 and 148 of the Family Code recognize common-law marriages. This means that if a man and a woman live together as husband and wife without being legally married, their wages and salaries are owned equally, and any property acquired during the relationship is co-owned1.
  2. Anti-Violence Against Women and Their Children Act (RA 9262): This law protects women and their children from various forms of abuse by their intimate partners, including economic abuse. Economic abuse includes acts that make a woman financially dependent, such as denying financial support
well open up a business in name only, and put the property in the business name. That one's an easy one and now they make it so easy you can fucking do it online! 75 dollars.

encorporate yourself.

Then once you do that, (you have to get a laywer for this one) put all your assets in a living trust.
Im in the process of doing that now.
so when i die, who ever is part of my living trust has equal ownership of my shit. Money property cars and whatever else i put into the living trust.

THE GREAT thing about a living trust. No taxes. So say you leave your shit to your brother or sister or wife or kid. If you do it the normal way, those fuckers will pay gov tax to take ownership of your crap

but a living trust, its' like a business, where as, when you die, the property doesn't "technically" switch hands, since those people are already part of the living trust by name. They have complete say on what to do with your shit. tax free.

when you put your complete net worth up on the court house estate board. (when you die, it's the law in most civilized countries) incase before you die, you owed someone money they can go after your estate for monies owed.

if you put everything into a living trust, YOU HAVE NOTHING when you die, no estate (evil grin)

well open up a business in name only, and put the property in the business name. That one's an easy one and now they make it so easy you can fucking do it online! 75 dollars.

encorporate yourself.

Then once you do that, (you have to get a laywer for this one) put all your assets in a living trust.
Im in the process of doing that now.
so when i die, who ever is part of my living trust has equal ownership of my shit. Money property cars and whatever else i put into the living trust.

THE GREAT thing about a living trust. No taxes. So say you leave your shit to your brother or sister or wife or kid. If you do it the normal way, those fuckers will pay gov tax to take ownership of your crap

but a living trust, its' like a business, where as, when you die, the property doesn't "technically" switch hands, since those people are already part of the living trust by name. They have complete say on what to do with your shit. tax free.

when you put your complete net worth up on the court house estate board. (when you die, it's the law in most civilized countries) incase before you die, you owed someone money they can go after your estate for monies owed.

if you put everything into a living trust, YOU HAVE NOTHING when you die, no estate (evil grin)
you can't own shit in the philipines or thailand, only via a wife.
they are a 3rd world shit hole for a fucking reason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back