Advice Fixing my own damage, saving 700 euros.

Gaston

Oct 7, 2024
A couple weeks ago I smashed shit in my appartment in drunk-rage.

1) I destroyed my door. The way the door-hinges connect to the door, I completely destroyed it entirely. The entire door has to be replaced.
2) I destroyed my sink/washing-table. I dropped a full glass of water into my sink and it shattered into pieces. Not even in a rage when this happened, just bad luck.

The company I hire this appartement from said I would need to pay 800(!!!!) euros to cover for the damages. A technician would show up at my place and fix everything.

Once I received this news, I started doing research and I concluded the following:

1) A new door costs 80 dollars.
2) A new washing-table/sink costs 50 dollars.

That's 130 dollars, and then I just need to install/adjust it.

I am saving 800-130=670 dollars. Just need to do the reparation myself, will take a couple of hours. But it's basically a hobby to me.

JFL man, I can't believe normal people pay for shit

I think it's important for people living off minimal income (value-maxxing lifestyle) it is important to be handy. To be able to fix basic things and create basic things/adjustments.

it's not even that hard to fix most stuff in your life.
There's so many youtube-tutorials nowadays, you can go from someone who doesn't have a clue, to an experienced repairman in a 20min video.

I am a value-maxxer
. I am not a geo-maxxer like this forum commends. But value-maxxing and geo-maxxing, I guess, go hand-in-hand in alot of ways.

because they dont want to spend many many hours learning how to do it and buying all the tools needed to fit it and possibly getting it wrong which needs to buy more again etc.. they specialize in a job and master it and get paid lots so their time is worth more than the money it would save to do all that shit

yep

same in fashion

niggas want me to pay $700 for a reworked needles flannel or $800 for some mixed work balenci jeans

fuark that i just bought a sewing machine and the fabrics for $100 and did it myself, niggas even wanted to buy my clothes so i made double of what them balenciaga jeans would’ve cost me

because they dont want to spend many many hours learning how to do it and buying all the tools needed to fit it and possibly getting it wrong which needs to buy more again etc.. they specialize in a job and master it and get paid lots so their time is worth more than the money it would save to do all that shit
replacing a door requires literally no knowledge you'd have to be literally mentally disabled to struggle with it

Raging and breaking stuff is nigger behaviour
this reminds me of my turkish neighbors that i had.

they were a couple in their 50s. sometimes you would hear the woman annoyingly complaining for like 20 minutes. then for 1 minute you'd hear the guy shouting and then rumbling and banging for a few minutes. the next day there was a lot of hammering. the guy was repairing the flat that he wrecked the day before. this happened multiple times.

eventually other neighbors called the cops and the landlord kicked the couple out.

Raging and breaking stuff is nigger behaviour
I buy my keyboards in sets of 2-5 when there's a sale. I stocked up on 3 new ones on Amazon Prime day, yesterday.

k120-gallery-01-new.png

cheapest logitech keyboard I can find, it's like 8 dollars.

I smash 2-3 per year when in drunk-rage while playing videogames. I completely destroy this fucking piece of plastic shit, smash it on my floor to pieces.
I always keep finding keys in random places, below the couch, etc. when I clean cuz of this.

It's the best fucking money spent man. I use the keyboard a few months, got my 8 dollars worth out of it and smashing it to pieces is instant therapy for only 8 dollars.

Then once the keyboard is completely destroyed, I am calmed down, open my closet, grab a new one fresh from the box, and continue playing vidya like nothing happened.

A couple weeks ago I smashed shit in my appartment in drunk-rage.

1) I destroyed my door. The way the door-hinges connect to the door, I completely destroyed it entirely. The entire door has to be replaced.
2) I destroyed my sink/washing-table. I dropped a full glass of water into my sink and it shattered into pieces. Not even in a rage when this happened, just bad luck.

The company I hire this appartement from said I would need to pay 800(!!!!) euros to cover for the damages. A technician would show up at my place and fix everything.

Once I received this news, I started doing research and I concluded the following:

1) A new door costs 80 dollars.
2) A new washing-table/sink costs 50 dollars.

That's 130 dollars, and then I just need to install/adjust it.

I am saving 800-130=670 dollars. Just need to do the reparation myself, will take a couple of hours. But it's basically a hobby to me.

I think it's important for people living off minimal income (value-maxxing lifestyle) it is important to be handy. To be able to fix basic things and create basic things/adjustments.
yeah sorry, too leechmaxxed with my parents and rootless cosmopolitan maxxed to learn how to do slave labor

I buy my keyboards in sets of 2-5 when there's a sale. I stocked up on 3 new ones on Amazon Prime day, yesterday.

k120-gallery-01-new.png

cheapest logitech keyboard I can find, it's like 8 dollars.

I smash 2-3 per year when in drunk-rage while playing videogames. I completely destroy this fucking piece of plastic shit, smash it on my floor to pieces.
I always keep finding keys in random places, below the couch, etc. when I clean cuz of this.

It's the best fucking money spent man. I use the keyboard a few months, got my 8 dollars worth out of it and smashing it to pieces is instant therapy for only 8 dollars.

Then once the keyboard is completely destroyed, I am calmed down, open my closet, grab a new one fresh from the box, and continue playing vidya like nothing happened.
this is so fucking funny and the pic of the keyboard really seals the deal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back