Brutal Geomaxxing moment

I'm up in the air about visiting Japan. I'll be arriving in Taipei on March 30th, and returning to the USA on or before May 30th. Japan is right along the flight path, so it makes perfect sense to spend a few weeks there. But it's often cold in late April and early May, my simple leisure lifestyle in Japan would be over double the cost of Southeast Asia, and most of the urban Japanese landscapes look sterile and devoid of life.

Visiting one of the world's highest IQ countries would be worth it, however. Will be interesting to see if my personality, which seems too colorless, intellectual and restrained for the Third World, will thrive in English-speaking social settings in Japan. Of course, when one visits a country where most people are richer and spendier than you are, the social dynamic flips on its head, and one may be perceived as merely another unwanted poorfag foreigner who balks at spending $50 on an evening of drinking.

I'm up in the air about visiting Japan. I'll be arriving in Taipei on March 30th, and returning to the USA on or before May 30th. Japan is right along the flight path, so it makes perfect sense to spend a few weeks there. But it's often cold in late April and early May, my simple leisure lifestyle in Japan would be over double the cost of Southeast Asia, and most of the urban Japanese landscapes look sterile and devoid of life.

Visiting one of the world's highest IQ countries would be worth it, however. Will be interesting to see if my personality, which seems too colorless, intellectual and restrained for the Third World, will thrive in English-speaking social settings in Japan. Of course, when one visits a country where most people are richer and spendier than you are, the social dynamic flips on its head, and one may be perceived as merely another unwanted poorfag foreigner who balks at spending $50 on an evening of drinking.
How long have you been living in Asia?

it’s pretty warm in japan in late march april

go and see the cherry blossoms haha

how do you feel about returning to burgerland soon?

it’s pretty warm in japan in late march april

go and see the cherry blossoms haha

how do you feel about returning to burgerland soon?
Average April temps in Tokyo are only 19 C high / 10 C low. Lots of clouds and rain. Taipei by comparison averages 27 C high / 19 C low in April. By May, the warmth usually reaches Japan, but it's also springtime in Middle America by then.

TBH, looking forward to hitting the road in heartland America for another work-free summer. Gonna turn my back on the western states and head east to cruise Ozark back roads and hang out with hillbillies at general stores until the Missouri heat becomes too much. Then head north to cruise the shores of the Great Lakes. Maybe opportunities will present themselves along the way...otherwise I'll sell the minivan to a redneck for $300 when it's on the verge of failure, pack my bags, and catch a ride to a suitable airport.
Screenshot 2024 02 11 141744
How long have you been living in Asia?
Wrapped up my seven-month work contract on 10/31/23, flew to Manila 11/6.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back