4 months on the trail. how to stay sane when deployed

AlexBrown84

INTP - 22 years old - Been to 30+ countries
Jul 31, 2022
in a couple of days, it will have been 4 months since i’ve started this expedition, with 3 months spent in china, and the other in vietnam

this post will be aimed towards people who have plans to go on a months long expedition staying in different beds multiple times a week

there will be times you wish you’d want to quit and just go rot in some sea shithole. don’t. you must stay astute as to why you began your journey, and keep moving forward!

thinking about this one journey that’s barely even began, i’ve spent more time in china alone than normies will go on holiday in a year, so asking normies for advice to avoid burnout would be pointless, so i must rely on myself to figure out the solution. some days i go eat american goyslop (an autist trait, but helps keep me grounded)

anyone else done similar trips where they’re continuously moving for months on end? it’s important to keep yourself grounded and living in the moment, because as soon as you start to think about the finish line, you want to take shortcuts

IMG 7929

@JustGo speak, as i know you’ve done similar things, but i don’t think as long of individual trips as i have

in a couple of days, it will have been 4 months since i’ve started this expedition, with 3 months spent in china, and the other in vietnam

this post will be aimed towards people who have plans to go on a months long expedition staying in different beds multiple times a week

there will be times you wish you’d want to quit and just go rot in some sea shithole. don’t. you must stay astute as to why you began your journey, and keep moving forward!

thinking about this one journey that’s barely even began, i’ve spent more time in china alone than normies will go on holiday in a year, so asking normies for advice to avoid burnout would be pointless, so i must rely on myself to figure out the solution. some days i go eat american goyslop (an autist trait, but helps keep me grounded)

anyone else done similar trips where they’re continuously moving for months on end? it’s important to keep yourself grounded and living in the moment, because as soon as you start to think about the finish line, you want to take shortcuts

View attachment 7408
because as soon as you start to think about the finish line, you want to take shortcuts
-alex

that's fucking deep bro. I LIKE IT!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back